Syracuse, NY area - Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha - no sweat. I was like... crap, I missed it!

Between, if anybody is looking to do some splits on specialty grains I might jump on in .25 increments. Should have mentioned that sooner. I would like to grab some chocolate, black patent, and maybe some other stuff. Would like special B but it looks like they don't have it.

maybe we could get 4 people in on some bags?

ill look at what else i need, but i really dont need that much of things.. it mostly was stupid amounts of things such as 1-3 lbs for something like 60L, but ill let you know soon

ill look at what else i need, but i really dont need that much of things.. it mostly was stupid amounts of things such as 1-3 lbs for something like 60L, but ill let you know soon

That is sort of my story too. Don't mind hitting the LHBS for those, but I thought if others were in the same boat, it may work.

Counting from the last count update with what's happened since then, looks like we're at 21

Will post an update this morning - running out the door as I write this. Tonight we should have a nice large order coming from the utica brew club - that should put us very close to our target weight. Once I hear back from two guys here, even closer. Once we get 2000# our prices are locked in, it is just the shipping divisions that will benefit from 42 bags.

Just giving this a bump and an update:

So it looks like we are at:
CidahMastah GW-2ROW - x2
CidahMastah CM-2ROW - x2
CidahMastah BZ-PILS - x1
CidahMastah GW-PALE - x1
CidahMastah BD-MOPA - x1
CidahMastah GW-C40 - x.5 (with CM)
El Exorcisto CM-MUNH - x1
El Exorcisto GW-PALE - x2
rustbucket CM-2ROW - x3
bierhaus15 TF-MOPA - x1
bierhaus15 GW-PALE - x1
bierhaus15 BZ-PILS - x1
stunsm GW-2ROW - x1
stunsm BD-MOPA - x1
Ravio11i CM-2ROW - x1
Ravio11i GW-C40 - x.5 (with CM)
FarmerJoe CM-2ROW - x1
FarmerJoe TF-MOPA - x.5
rustbucket TF-MOPA - x.5

22 bags down
20 bags to go

Our total order weight it currently - 1170lbs

Notes:

* CidahMastah is looking for someone to split a bag of Munich (BZ-MUNH) and/or .25 bag of specialty malts (chocolate, black patent or possibly some crystal malts)
* FarmerJoe is looking foe someone to share the ride from albany to cuse, or lessen his ride.
* For those interested, Briess Light DME is also available in 50# bags

I updated the first page of the thread to reflect all the details on pricing, ordering and payment for easier reference (it was buried later in the thread)

"bump"

Come on guys ;) Pull the trigger! Think of all the lawn mowing you are going to have to do this year. You want coors for that?! ha :)

Hey Cidah, what kind of Munich are you trying to get your hands on to split? I might have a friend interested, big MIGHT be, but at least I could give him a price estimate.

Hey Cidah, what kind of Munich are you trying to get your hands on to split? I might have a friend interested, big MIGHT be, but at least I could give him a price estimate.

I am up for anything, but I was thinking BZ-MUNH (just because it is german). If he is interested in another, let me know and I can do that as well, I really wasn;t sure which to get, but heard it is a great character in german beers. Hell the price is right :) ~31.95 per bag I think + shipping.

Yea, good price. In that case put me down for the other half with you. If he doesn't want it, I definitely will!

Tonight we should have a nice large order coming from the utica brew club - that should put us very close to our target weight. .

I'm in Utica and haven't heard of Utica brew club, can you provide me some contact info? Maybe they would let me add a bag of 2 row to their order and spare me the drive to Syracuse.

I am right in Syracuse.

Put me down for a bag of the CM-2ROW and a bag of the BD-MOPA Maris Otter.

I am also intersted in getting in on a split of any of the specialty if there are any avaliable.

Please PM me with details.

Thanks.

Hey guys - talk about coming in strong at the end - we filled the 42 with 46 bags pallet order and unfortunately some people will miss out (we can start another order if interested)

For now here is the final tally:

CidahMastah CM-2ROW 2
CidahMastah BZ-PILS 1
CidahMastah GW-PALE 1
CidahMastah BD-MOPA 1
CidahMastah BZ-MUNH 0.5
CidahMastah GW-C40 0.5
El Exorcisto CM-MUNH 1
El Exorcisto GW-PALE 2
rustbucket CM-2ROW 3
bierhaus15 TF-MOPA 1
bierhaus15 GW-PALE 1
bierhaus15 BZ-PILS 1
stunsm GW-2ROW 1
stunsm BD-MOPA 1
Ravio11i CM-2ROW 1
Ravio11i GW-C40 0.5
FarmerJoe CM-2ROW 1
FarmerJoe TF-MOPA 0.5
rustbucket TF-MOPA 0.5
FarmerJoe BZ-MUNH 0.5
DannSchuler CM-2ROW 1
DannSchuler BD-MOPA 1
bmud0314 FB-VIEN 1
bmud0314 TF-MOPA 1
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Randy BD-MOPA 2
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Randy GW-PALE 2
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Randy BZ-PILS 2
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Randy BZ-WHT 1
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Randy BZ-MUNH 1
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Jason TF-MOPA 2
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Jason BZ-PILS 2
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Jason BZ-VIEN 1
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Jim GW-PALE 1
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Jim BD-MOPA 1

I will be providing the buyers paypal account so we can start paying, but first, he needs to get a quote form NCM.

Thanks for jumping all over this - will be following up with more information shortly.

Send me your emails (PM) if you made it in the order but haven't done so

Thanks!!

Wow, I thought it'd take close to a week to fill this up haha. Good job Utica Club! Guess I know what I'll be drinking tomorrow.

Haha - freakin unreal how fast. Guess I know I will have serious alcohol problems this year haha!

Ok what happens next?

1. Our request for quote (RFQ) has been sent out by the buyer
2. We hear back from the buyer on actual cost (I pass out the actual cost to everyone)
3. Everybody pays up (the order will NOT ship until everyone has paid via paypal)
4. Once payed up (following the paypal instructions on page one of this thread) - the order will ship.
5. CidahMastah will let everyone know when the shipment is to arrive and where it is shipping to, when to pick it up.
6. We all slap high five and say job well done :mug:

Here are the final numbers submitted

CidahMastah GW-2ROW x 2
CidahMastah CM-2ROW x 2
CidahMastah BZ-PILS x 1
CidahMastah GW-PALE x 1
CidahMastah BD-MOPA x 1
CidahMastah BZ-MUNH x 0.5
CidahMastah GW-C40 x 0.5
El Exorcisto CM-MUNH x 1
El Exorcisto GW-PALE x 2
rustbucket CM-2ROW x 3
bierhaus15 TF-MOPA x 1
bierhaus15 GW-PALE x 1
bierhaus15 BZ-PILS x 1
stunsm GW-2ROW x 1
stunsm BD-MOPA x 1
Ravio11i CM-2ROW x 1
Ravio11i GW-C40 x 0.5
FarmerJoe CM-2ROW x 1
FarmerJoe TF-MOPA x 0.5
rustbucket TF-MOPA x 0.5
FarmerJoe BZ-MUNH x 0.5
DannSchuler CM-2ROW x 1
DannSchuler BD-MOPA x 1
bmud0314 BZ-PILS x 1
bmud0314 TF-MOPA x 1
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Randy BD-MOPA x 2
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Randy GW-PALE x 2
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Randy BZ-PILS x 2
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Randy BZ-WHT x 1
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Randy BZ-MUNH x 1
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Jason TF-MOPA x 2
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Jason BZ-PILS x 2
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Jason BZ-VIEN x 1
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Jim GW-PALE x 1
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Jim BD-MOPA x 1

Here are the bag counts per person and the estimated cost:

CidahMastah ------------------------Bags = 8 $261.60
El Exorcisto *******************Bags = 3 $93.71
rustbucket --------------------------Bags = 3.5 $109.40
bierhaus15 ********************Bags = 3 $108.51
stunsm -----------------------------Bags = 2 $70.34
Ravio11i **********************Bags = 1.5 $47.16
FarmerJoe --------------------------Bags = 2 $68.37
DannSchuler *******************Bags = 2 $77.44
bmud0314 --------------------------Bags = 2 $68.64
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Randy *****Bags = 8 $219.13
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Jason -------Bags = 5 $190.31
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Jim *******Bags = 2 $70.34

2255# of grains

Any questions please let me know.

Mwhaha I can't wait to open the bags and smell the goodness too

mmmhmmm i have 25 brews planned from this weekend to august!.. i have a lot of beer to drink.. muah ha ha... good thing for friends who like to drink beer and a lot of it at that.

since our economy is still in the dumps and i dont have a job yet.. i guess that i will be brewing every chance i can get and working on keeping my rhizomes growing/ veggy garden

I can't wait until I have room to grow some hops. I might get a couple rhizomes this year and get them going in some pots. My buddy just bought a house, so it'll give me a year to convince him to let me plant them in his yard lol. These grains can help, I'll use home-brews as a bribe

Ha! SWMBO is putting in some "square foot" gardens, basically 4 ft by 4 ft raised beds. I have some chain link fence to put around it for deer. She was asking if we could do this. My response: Only if we can put in 4 hop rhizomes. Result: I need to figure out what four I want!

Nice - I jsut bought some cascade and chinook rhizomes (love me some arrogant bastard) to see how they do. My Neighbor owns some serious property and wants to line his "gun range" area with hope plants!

lol, im kinda doing the same thing.... i bought 3 Chinook, and 3 cascade. since i like at my mothers house right now, i convinced there they will serve as a privacy shield from the road to the pool

speaking of that im besides my barleywine, im brewing arrogant bastard too this weekend,lol...

i want a gun range behind my house :(... but last year the stupid mosquitoes were to bad to make one...

Update:
OK nothing yet regarding the quote, but our buyer is on it. Apparently he only gets his quotes done through one person, so extraneous factors can cause a delay for several days (vacation, sickness, holidays, etc.).

The current plan is that he is out Friday so if he hasn't heard anything by Monday, he will call in to force some status on our behalf.

Will keep everyone posted.

I will update the status on page one of this thread.

FUTURE ORDERS

For those who missed this order, but would like to be considered/notified of a future order, please PM me your interest or post it to this thread. Once we get about half of the order in, I would be willing to restart a new thread, or add to this one for another buy. Send in the code for what you want and the quantity to make it easier for me to track.

Thanks

lol, im kinda doing the same thing.... i bought 3 Chinook, and 3 cascade. since i like at my mothers house right now, i convinced there they will serve as a privacy shield from the road to the pool

speaking of that im besides my barleywine, im brewing arrogant bastard too this weekend,lol...

i want a gun range behind my house :(... but last year the stupid mosquitoes were to bad to make one...

That is hilarious - me and a buddy are brewing arrogant B this weekend as well. I brewed the extract kit before and it came out pretty good (used C120 for specialty grains). This time I have special B and going to hit it with a BIAB unless my buddies mash tun gets here by friday (his "group investment"). What recipe are you going with for your AB brew?

Thinking Ahead

Paypal will take 3-5 days to process a transaction in your paypal account (unless you have funds in your account to cover the transaction).

If you want to help expedite this order:
1. Add funds to your account now (for slightly more than you think your order cost will be).
2. If everyone does this, we will get the order out faster, thus you will have your grain faster.

OR

3. Add a credit card to your accout to back up your purchase (this supposedly gives an instant transaction as well). PLease note I did this but when I ordered from hops direct, it didn't work and it pushed my order out 5 business days longer than it should have. Suckers at paypal!!

However if one person doesn't do this, we will be waiting on the order anyhow :)

Just a heads up, I won't be crying it I have to wait another week once we get the invoice, I have plenty of beer rolling in my fermenters right now ;)

i would be doing this one, i have all the grains and everything i just received part 1 of my 4 part order today from various places.. number 2 is in the stupid brown truck driving around...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f69/arrogant-bastard-clone-71867/

as well as, paypal wise im good to go for anything, i just need the official amount and information.

I was going to brew that one, but I listened to the brew network podcast "can you brew it" and they came up with a different recipe and deemed it "cloned". You will have to let me know how yours turns out.

Here is the "officially cloned" recipe from the podcast (I adjusted for a 60 minute boil):

Yeast is WL007 or 002 I believe - says in the podcast, but didn't note it b/c I think I am using WL051
13.5lbs Pale Malt 2 Row
1.5lbs Special B
~1oz Chinook (60)
~1oz Chinook (45)
~1oz Chinook (15)
~1oz Chinook (0)

Mash at 148F for 60mins
S.G. 1.075
F.G. 1.019

If interested in the pdcast, check this out:

http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/shows/697

We can compare notes on how it turned out for each version!

CHANGE ORDER UPDATE

Hi Everyone,

It looks like they are out of the GW-2ROW and GW-PALE.

I made the substitutions for all of these to be switched to CM-2ROW and CM-PALE at NCM's suggestion. They stated that these were nearly the same product.

If you have an issue with this let me know ASAP

New values will be:
CidahMastah GW-2ROW x 1 = CM-2ROW
CidahMastah CM-2ROW x 2
CidahMastah BZ-PILS x 1
CidahMastah GW-PALE x 2 = CM-PALE
CidahMastah BD-MOPA x 1
CidahMastah BZ-MUNH x 0.5
CidahMastah GW-C40 x 0.5
El Exorcisto CM-MUNH x 1
El Exorcisto GW-PALE x 2 = CM-PALE
rustbucket CM-2ROW x 3
bierhaus15 TF-MOPA x 1
bierhaus15 GW-PALE x 1 = CM-PALE
bierhaus15 BZ-PILS x 1
stunsm GW-2ROW x 1 = CM-2ROW
stunsm BD-MOPA x 1
Ravio11i CM-2ROW x 1
Ravio11i GW-C40 x 0.5
FarmerJoe CM-2ROW x 1
FarmerJoe TF-MOPA x 0.5
rustbucket TF-MOPA x 0.5
FarmerJoe BZ-MUNH x 0.5
DannSchuler CM-2ROW x 1
DannSchuler BD-MOPA x 1
bmud0314 BZ-PILS x 1
bmud0314 TF-MOPA x 1
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Randy BD-MOPA x 2
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Randy GW-PALE x 2 = CM-PALE
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Randy BZ-PILS x 2
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Randy BZ-WHT x 1
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Randy BZ-MUNH x 1
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Jason TF-MOPA x 2
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Jason BZ-PILS x 2
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Jason BZ-VIEN x 1
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Jim GW-PALE x 1 = CM-PALE
Utica club(bierhaus15) - Jim BD-MOPA x 1

Don't have the final invoice yet - so no need to pay up (we don't know the true amount you each owe).

I must have mis-communicated a little bit - you guys aren't paying me (bmud0314) did pay me by mistake. I will hold his payment and pay for his bags when get get the invoice (I will credit him the difference at that point)

I will email everyone the buyer's email address for payment when I get the invoice from the him (hopefully today) or on Monday. Unfortunately, we still have not received it from NCM yet.

Back