Valentines, Shmalentines - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Valentines, Shmalentines

Old 02-15-2011, 03:25 AM   #11
jonmohno
Recipes 

Nov 2010
Corn, High Fructose Corn Fortress, IA
Liked 417 Times on 367 Posts

2.5.The holy grail key to unlock the box.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:29 AM   #12
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Liked 7036 Times on 4168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
3. Get her to open the box....

That's what I'm talking about!!!
that's funny.

Valentine's Day happens to be my anniversary, so I get a 2-for-1 today. Pretty sweet. We just got back from restaurant, they had some decent beers, so I win (I had La Fin Du Monde).

Old 02-15-2011, 04:40 AM   #13
triangulum33
Whenever it feels right!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2009
NorCal
Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts

It is a stupid made up commercial holiday. I convinced SWMBO to change our "Valentine's Day" to the day we met. At least it has some sort of meaning then. Plus flowers and stuff are cheap and theres a place to sit to eat.

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Meine Keezer

Old 02-15-2011, 05:54 AM   #14
curlyfat
Recipes 

May 2010
Wyoming
Liked 37 Times on 36 Posts

Eh, we use it as an excuse to get a babysitter and have a date....although (this year included) we don't do it on the actual day. For one, our babysitter is married without kids, so let them have valentines day! Two, we hate crowds, and who wants to go to restaurants on the busiest day of the year. Screw that. We're having "Valentines" tomorrow night.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:20 AM   #15
rexbanner

Recipes 

Nov 2008
DC
Liked 98 Times on 70 Posts

Bitter single guy here. Found out the girl I was seeing was seeing someone else at the same time last week. Also found out the store I ordered my belgian dubbel from didn't crush the munich or special B which was mixed in with the pilsener, so my dubbel is ruined because I already brewed it. Tastes like water.

Spent the evening eating pizza, drinking beer, and getting better acquainted with Shyla Stylez.

Crooked Run Brewing: Seek Truth, Cherish Nature

Makers of Red Kolsch, Storm, and Shadow of Truth

Old 02-15-2011, 07:15 AM   #16
ChshreCat

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Camano Island, Washington
Liked 543 Times on 435 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
Don't need to spend money to give a nice valentines day gift for your significant other...

Step one... cut a hole in the box...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berock View Post
2. Put your junk in that box
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
3. Get her to open the box....

That's what I'm talking about!!!
Just in case there's ANYONE that hasn't seen it yet...

NSFW, of course.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #17
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5019 Times on 3389 Posts

Meh. I wanted to do something nice for Valentine's Day this year, on the weekend. Ended up having to work at the High School Band Fundraising Carnival. Was supposed to go to Founders on Sunday, but overindulged at a local bar Sat night after the carnival, so we stayed home. Then wife plans day out next weekend with her mom and the kids, so I decided to take her out to a nice place for dinner last night.

Spent a LOT of money on very good food, then woke up in the middle of the night and purged it all. Don't know what it was. The only thing I had that she didn't have was the Prime Rib (RARE!)

So, take my advice, be as cheap as you can be on V-day! It feels much better throwing up a Stuffed Steakhouse Burger from BK than a nice piece of Prime Rib and a Founders Imperial Stout! (Smells better too.)