Valentines, Shmalentines - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Valentines, Shmalentines

Old 02-15-2011, 02:33 AM   #1
ksbrain
Recipes 

Feb 2007
Mystic, CT
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

Am I the only one who doesn't care much about Valentine's Day?

And no, I'm not a bitter single guy wishing for a girlfriend. I'm happily married with three kids and one more on the way.

While the kids - especially the 7YO girl - love it, it somehow does not resonate with me. It seems lame to go try to find a store still carrying roses after work just to pay $30 or more for a dozen that cost $10 last week.

Carnations and daisies for the little lady, and homebrews for me.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:44 AM   #2
strat_thru_marshall

Recipes 

Mar 2010
Oklahoma City
Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts

its all in what you make it...Valentines day doesnt have to be about overpriced roses and expensive restaurants, it should be about remembering why you're with your wife or girlfriend or whoever and enjoying time with them.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:52 AM   #3
jiggs_casey

Recipes 

Dec 2009
Independence, Missouri
Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbrain View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't care much about Valentine's Day?

And no, I'm not a bitter single guy wishing for a girlfriend. I'm happily married with three kids and one more on the way.

While the kids - especially the 7YO girl - love it, it somehow does not resonate with me. It seems lame to go try to find a store still carrying roses after work just to pay $30 or more for a dozen that cost $10 last week.

Carnations and daisies for the little lady, and homebrews for me.
Valentines day doesn't hold much in our house either. A. Although, not a holiday, it's another day where you're encouraged to run out and spend a bunch of money in order to 'prove' that you love someone. C-R-A-P. B. My wife and I believe that we have our own 'off days'. Days that things just go freakin' bad for whatever reason. Mine is January 17th. Hers is today. Although we've got through the past couple of years event free, these two days tend to hang heavy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigeb View Post
It's my God-given right to be as stupid as I want to be. How dare the government get in the way.
Go Beer!

Old 02-15-2011, 02:54 AM   #4
jonmohno
Recipes 

Nov 2010
Corn, High Fructose Corn Fortress, IA
Liked 417 Times on 367 Posts

Carnations are great flowers and i usually get them for under 6 bucks. write her a note/letter and tell her nice things and compliments thats what they really want dude. really.They just want to feel good.I wrote a letter in a drunken inspired pre-valentined whim and she thought it was the best thing ever,It works trust me.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:55 AM   #5
ChshreCat

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Camano Island, Washington
Liked 540 Times on 432 Posts

Don't need to spend money to give a nice valentines day gift for your significant other...

Step one... cut a hole in the box...

Old 02-15-2011, 02:57 AM   #6
Berock
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Wichita
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I don't know, while I bought my wife some flowers, she went to the best liquor store in town and bought some great beers for me. She put them in a flower box and called them a beer bouquet. Goodstuff. She even had a list of beer I'm cellaring and asked the owner for help.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:57 AM   #7
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Thiensville, Wisconsin
Liked 492 Times on 381 Posts

shemales?

Old 02-15-2011, 02:59 AM   #8
Berock
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Wichita
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
Don't need to spend money to give a nice valentines day gift for your significant other...

2. Put your junk in that box

Old 02-15-2011, 03:09 AM   #9
jonmohno
Recipes 

Nov 2010
Corn, High Fructose Corn Fortress, IA
Liked 417 Times on 367 Posts

3.maybe put a beer in that box?

Old 02-15-2011, 03:19 AM   #10
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2008
The Cold Part of AZ
Liked 8705 Times on 6994 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berock View Post
2. Put your junk in that box
3. Get her to open the box....

That's what I'm talking about!!!