Video Games - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Video Games

Old 02-19-2007, 05:28 PM   #31
c.n.budz

Recipes 

Feb 2007
Pistol Wavin' New Haven, for now...
Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts

For you guys that like the PC games try Medieval II: Total War if you haven't already. You can lose entire days(or longer ) playing this game. I've always loved "god games" there's just something fun about taking over the world...

http://www.totalwar.com/

Always do sober what you do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Old 02-19-2007, 05:35 PM   #32
SOB

Recipes 

Dec 2006
Delaware, OH
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkimac1027
about to play that right now, i hate it though. Gears of War is better.... Lost planet is good too, but crappy plot... goingto a planet and killing the native aliens so we can survive.....
really...I'm curious as to why you hate Vegas.

I think Lost Planet is going to be my next buy (almost done with Vegas) and I did hear the plot/story line sux but the game play is pretty exciting.

"I'm much too young to feel this damn old"

Old 02-19-2007, 06:41 PM   #33
nikkimac1027

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Florida

i agree that its a good game, but not for my style of game play. i simply cant do a sucide mission, spraying and praying with brute force. that's a recipe for getting killed every time. plus, i dislike the unlimited ammo factor. They try so hard to make it realistic on the fact that it takes a few shots and your dead, and then they make unlimited ammo?

Though i will tell you one things i like about the game- the rappelling and fast roping, flash bang granades, and smoke granades- thats a good twist that alot of games i play dont offer.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:24 PM   #34
SOB

Recipes 

Dec 2006
Delaware, OH
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkimac1027
i agree that its a good game, but not for my style of game play. i simply cant do a sucide mission, spraying and praying with brute force. that's a recipe for getting killed every time. plus, i dislike the unlimited ammo factor. They try so hard to make it realistic on the fact that it takes a few shots and your dead, and then they make unlimited ammo?

Though i will tell you one things i like about the game- the rappelling and fast roping, flash bang granades, and smoke granades- thats a good twist that alot of games i play dont offer.
You like more the arcade stlye shooters, eh? Hence the reason you like Lost Planet probably!

I like Vegas cuz it's so realistic. You dont actually have unlimited ammo...you seem to carry enough to where you never run out. It's not a game where you can just spray away so you don't really run out. There was one board where I ran out of ammo on my SMG and had to finish with my light machine gun.

But you know, differnt strokes for different folks!

"I'm much too young to feel this damn old"