Video Games - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Video Games

Old 02-19-2007, 01:09 PM   #21
desiderata

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I'll probably never buy another game system (last one was the original Nintendo). Now, all the games I play can be played on the computer. Just doesn't make it worth it, IMO, to pay for a console and the expensive games, when I can use my computer to play, and for I-net and other applications. Even sports games I use the computer for, just hook up USB controller...

One of my favorites for NES was Super Pitfall. okay, also Zelda, Exodus Ultima, Tecmo Bowl, etc.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:19 PM   #22
Orfy
For the love of beer!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cheshire, England
Liked 95 Times on 62 Posts

I have never payed for a game in my life.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:20 PM   #23
rdwj

Recipes 

Jun 2006
Plainfield, IL
Liked 35 Times on 25 Posts

I have a regular X-box and have probably owned almost every major system since Atari. Before that, I had a both a pong and a breakout counsel. In all honesty, I don't have time to play anymore. I also have two young kids and would be uncomfortable playing anything really violent around them.

Basically, I'm down to playing baseball or football with a couple buddies when they come over. I don't think I'd buy one of the new systems until they come WAY down in price, and if I do, it will be the 360.

Also, I think Nintendo sucks. That Wii is a joke of a system. I can't believe they're able to sell those things with those pitiful graphics. ....and honestly, how many Mario games can you make?

Old 02-19-2007, 01:26 PM   #24
todd_k

Recipes 

Jan 2006
Liked 29 Times on 28 Posts

I had an Atari Jaguar. That system was sweet, for about 15 minutes. The Alien vs. Predator game was fun but that was about it.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:23 PM   #25
nikkimac1027

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Florida

Well, if you think about it Nintendo was very smart about the Wii... With a 700$ PS3 coming out and a 500$ Xbox 360, there was no way they could have come out with a console with that price and competed with those two gaming systems. Nintendo hasnt put out a good console since SNES imo. so they tried something different.... the remote and the nunchuck. So now, just in time for Christmas, this console comes out and it's only a whopping 250$. So they cheaped out on graphics to try and get back int he market, and well, they succeeded. Now they they are back in the game, i'll bet ya the Wii2 will have the graphics it is lacking...

Another thing about the Wii is that you can get any original nintendo, SNES, and game cube games and play it on the Wii via downloading from the web from Wii points. Just have to get the reg style controller.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:06 PM   #26
SOB

Recipes 

Dec 2006
Delaware, OH
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I got a Xbox360 for x-mas from SWMBO and I cant put it down. I have always been a geek when it comes to computers and video games. I havent been around long, but when I was growing up the nintendo was about the only thing out. I have owned almost every major system since, SNES, PS1, Dreamcast, Xbox, now a 360. I still have my NES and SNES sitting around somewhere. I wish I would have kept my other systems. Never really got into the PS2 with having a Xbox and all. I even had that thing modded with a 200gig HD in it! Once I got my 50" HDTV I needed something to show off the graphics. I really wanted a wii, I think Nintendo is at the front of the game tech wise, but they dont have the graphics. I have played the wii a few times and was blown away...but it doesnt look as good as the 360 on my TV.

All you 360 owners out there: Rainbow 6: Vegas is phenominal! Gears of War rocks...and there's hours and hours of fun in Saint's Row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sterrock Hammerson 8
The thing that pissed me off on the mario kart for the N64 was that jumping turn speed burst thingy i guess if you played it you know what im talking about.

Mario Kart for the SNES was good times.
Dude, that slide thing always pi$$ed me off cuz my friends could do it and wouldn't tell me how! Then I fingered it out and was unstoppable!

Man, I could go on all day about videogames...

"I'm much too young to feel this damn old"

Old 02-19-2007, 03:15 PM   #27
God Emporer BillyBrew

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Melnibone
Liked 16 Times on 11 Posts

I'm on the original XBox right now. I won't buy the 360 until the price drops. I've been geeking out on GTA: San Andreas since Christmas. I don't have alot of spare cash to sink into consoles, so I buy games once they get to $20 and systems when they get cheap. Nice thing is that by the time a game get's to $20 it's been proven to be a good game.

I hear the Wii get's old pretty quick, but I appreciate that they have done something that cheaply gets people more involved in the game. It might not be a lousy system, but I bet we look back in 5-7 years and say that it was revolutionary.

Primary :Bloody Nose Porter
Primary 2: Bloody Nose Porter
Secondary: Blackberry Melomel
Secondary 2:air
Bottled : 14 Pound Hammer Cider, Punkin Ale, know ale, Domino wheat
Keg 1: **** Inside Her
Keg 2: IPA
Keg 3: one on a weeknight, two on a weekend IIPA
Future : Ginger Cream Ale,

Old 02-19-2007, 03:15 PM   #28
sAvAgE
Recipes 

Jan 2007
Spruce Grove Alberta
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkimac1027
So computer games is all it is Savage? i have a crap laptop, that i doubt could support games very well.........

No i do a lot more with my machine . when I do have time to play video games then that is what I will play on my workstation, when I have time. Those are really the only games I like to play

I do a lot more with my computer such as programming, web page stuff, GUI Design, etc.

Apart from that and work and being married does not leave me too much time to kill demons and monsters

Next Up - First All Grain 40th birthday lager

Primary -

Secondary -
Secondary -

Bottled - Honey ApfelMead 02/23/08 ABV 10.0%
Bottled - Oktoberfest 5.2%
Bottled - Candian Light Lager 4.85
Bottled - Munich Dark Lager 5.6%

Drinking - Apfelwein FG 2/29/08 ABV 8.5%
Drinking - Brewhouse Cream Ale ABV 4.7%
Drinking - Brewhouse Pale Ale ABV 5.2%

Old 02-19-2007, 03:37 PM   #29
nikkimac1027

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOB

All you 360 owners out there: Rainbow 6: Vegas is phenominal! Gears of War rocks...and there's hours and hours of fun in Saint's Row.

about to play that right now, i hate it though. Gears of War is better.... Lost planet is good too, but crappy plot... goingto a planet and killing the native aliens so we can survive.....

Old 02-19-2007, 03:48 PM   #30
ayrton

Recipes 

Aug 2006
South Jersey
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkimac1027
SO, i did a search and the last video game topic was in Nov. and I have to ask, since i havnt been here long... Is there anyone out there now that is into the gaming systems as i am?
Comeon, PS3 has been out for a while, and Xbox 360 has been out even longer, and now the Wii is available and affordable... whos got what?

I've got the Xbox 360
and
the Wii...

Gears of War is killer on 360 and Zelda is good on the Wii. I'm not the only one!
Exactly what I have. I have Madden '07, Gears of War, and Oblivion for my 360. I have Zelda, Wii Sports, and Rayman: Raving Rabbids for my Wii. I love them both.

I also like FPS shooter games on the PC. I have a 24" iMac now, but I can use Boot Camp to dual boot into OS X or Windows and play any games I like.
Conditioning: None
Drinking: None (!)
Recently Kicked: None
Up Next: Beats me!