Remote temperature reading

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmbox12

Reaction score
Been playing with this in my mind for a bit, but have not found any good solutions.
I work from my home, so typically I start up the lap top in the morning in my office and check email's etc.
I would think it would be cool if I could (using my pc) check the temps in my fermenting chamber and or keezer.
Thoughts??

Get a wireless temperature sensor and connect it to your residential gateway. I've never done it personally, but I have spec'd them in buildings.

Actually a cheaper solution, would probably be getting yourself one of those clocks or gadgets with remote temperature sensors. Not sure how accurate those are, but its worth a shot. Put one in with a thermometer and you can see how accurate. If it's not accurate enough return it. They sell them at Kohls and Bed Bath and those places

I use wireless indoor/outdoor thermometers for this purpose and I've found them to be unexpectedly accurate. The transmitter range is not all that great and they don't have a computer interface, so might not be workable for you.

Is a BCS-460 out of your price range? I use one of those connected to a Netgear Universal WiFi Adapater. I can monitor temps from my laptop, iPhone, whatever can be connected to my network and has a web browser. I use it for brewing, but many use it for keezer and fermentation temperature monitoring and control.

Is a BCS-460 out of your price range? I use one of those connected to a Netgear Universal WiFi Adapater. I can monitor temps from my laptop, iPhone, whatever can be connected to my network and has a web browser. I use it for brewing, but many use it for keezer and fermentation temperature monitoring and control.
I like the BCS-460 idea, actually very close to what I was thinking. Under $200.00 ? There is an igrill device, that is very close but I don't do iphone or apple. I am going to research the BCS-460 idea. Thanks

You could also get a cheap wireless webcam and have it pointed at your thermometer. Assuming that your using something like a Love where you can digitally see it outside the box.

Back