I had the day off today and was bored. This got me in a brewing mood, but I didn't have time to get any ingredients from my LHBS, so I threw together a bunch of leftovers and bits from my kitchen to experiment, and decided to give open fermentation a go. I'm not too hopeful about this batch, but at least it should be interesting. This is a 2 gal batch, mostly because I didn't have a lot of stuff left, but also I don't want to get stuck with 5 gallons of a beer that isn't any good. So I present to you:
Something Something Belgian
1.69lb Canadian 2-row
1.25 lb Munich
1.5 oz Cara-Pils
2.5oz Chocolate Malt
.5lb Corn Sugar (@ 15min)
2oz light brown sugar (@15min)
.7oz Hallertau @ 60min
.25oz citrus peel (about 50:50 lemon and clementine) @ 15min
1/4tsp coriander seeds @ 15min
.25oz Saaz @ 3min
Yeast: Washed T-58 from a previous belgian tripel
I was hoping for an OG ~ 1.057-58, but hit 1.068 (88% stovetop BIAB!), so topped up to get to 1.060OG. Chilled it, then pitched the yeast straight into my 3gal pot.
Can't wait to see what happens in the next couple days!