Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > What to pair with a Sour...?

Old 02-11-2011, 12:38 AM   #1
Beer_Maker
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 4 Posts

Default What to pair with a Sour...?

I happened upon some Russian River Consecration and Supplication this past weekend. I'm normally not a fan of sour ales so I'm looking for a good meal to pair it with. Any suggestions?

Old 02-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #2
dcott
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm not quite familiar with this particular beer, but my advice:

1) Sauerbraten
2) Choucroute
3) Various other sausage products

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

~Jack Handey

Old 02-21-2011, 01:50 AM   #3
Madinaman
Recipes 

To me, sours scream a sweet fruit dish, like maybe a peach cobbler, apple pie, or even a coconut cream pie. usually when a beer goes that extreme, towards one flavor profile, I like to go the other way with it. If the dish is balanced, and then you want a balanced beer with it.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:52 AM   #4
Madinaman
Recipes 

As far as meals, I didn't read your post well enough, I would go with something on the sweeter side, and something that doesn't sit on the palatte long. Wiht a beer that interesting, the meal should make the beer taste better, and clean off your palette from the sour and funk.