Wiring diagram workable? Control box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSlash

Reaction score
Not doing any temp control, just a basic control box with 2 separate lines (circuits) going into it... Is this possible?

I want 3 switched outlets, 2 for heatsticks and 1 for a pump. Then 1 hot outlet. I know the GFCI's will be hot always, for protection.

All 110v 15amp, only using a 1500 watt heatstick on each circuit. 5 gallon batches.

I've never played with the light switches with indicator light.

Quick mock up as I'm at work without any of my receptacles to look at...

Does it work the way I have it? Should I use bus bars instead of wirenuts? Just wasnt sure how to mount them in a plastic electrical box (12x12x8) unless I epoxy em.

box.jpg

Just remember to break the little tab on the hot side of the recepts... Otherwise looks fine as long as the GFCIs can handle the heatstick loads.

Just remember to break the little tab on the hot side of the recepts... Otherwise looks fine as long as the GFCIs can handle the heatstick loads.

Thanks. I used a red / mark on the neutral side to indicate this, should have put it on the hot side =)

I hope the GFCI's can handle it, they are rated up to 20 amp the guy said, even tho they are marked 15amp. The heatsticks should only use 12ish and the pump almost nothing. Nothing else will really be plugged in. Doubt I'll even use the actual plugs on the GFCI.

Back