I recently purchased the required equipment to start a frozen yeast bank per this post
. Before I got started I wanted to clarify a few points to make sure I am going down the right path.
1) Smack the yeast pack (if required)
2) Put 6oz of Light DME in flask and 0.2g Wyeast Nutrient, top with water to 2L
3) Bring to a boil for 10 min, cool to 68F
4) Pitch Yeast, top with foil, and place on Stir plate
5) Let ferment fully (~ 3 days)
6) Cold Crash in Fridge for 24 hrs
7) Follow steps 2 through 7 of linked Wiki post.
Also is Glycerin USP (sold as skin protectant) the same as Glycerine described in the link?
Any comments, questions, or answers are appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.