What did you do this weekend? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > What did you do this weekend?

Old 02-08-2011, 01:51 AM   #1
thisgoestoeleven
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Fair Haven, VT
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I spent the day in Manhattan on Saturday. The group I was with was a little on the touristy side (did Times Square, Hershey store, etc), but an awesome day nonetheless. We saw the Cleveland Orchestra (one of the best in the world, in this trumpet player's opinion) at Carnegie Hall, and had dinner at the Carnegie Deli.

Cleveland Orchestra setting up on stage

HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF JEBUS

Waste not, want not

Old 02-08-2011, 02:25 AM   #2
curlyfat
Recipes 

May 2010
Wyoming
Liked 37 Times on 36 Posts

I worked 12 hours on Saturday, and 14 hours yesterday (Super Bowl, ya know!). Food service. yay.

-Debbie Downer

Old 02-08-2011, 02:30 AM   #3
stratslinger
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Terryville, CT
Liked 204 Times on 170 Posts

Well, I started out Friday night with a tiny addition to this year's Super Bowl effort (I work IT, for a company involved with the Super Bowl, and had to help troubleshoot a connectivity issue). Then spent Saturday mostly chilling out, and Sunday saw True Grit then spent a few hours up on the roof shovelling away some snow (stupid flat roof - who builds one of those in New England???), before sitting down to watch the big game...

Old 02-08-2011, 02:35 AM   #4
Oldyote

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Duluth, MN
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I washed seven million bottles. Really only like a 100, but it felt like seven million.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:50 AM   #5
Kittyfeet
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Feb 2009
Lebanon, OR
Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

I spent Sunday shampooing the carpets and doing some early spring cleaning. And then I walked through the house with a blacklight (originally to see if I got all the carpet cat vom stains out, and then I got curious and walked through the house and looked at the walls and fixtures).

Side note: walk through your house with a black light. You see all the invisible stains and ickies, which is gross and kind of depressing, but you feel like a CSI person while investigating, and that's pretty freakin' cool.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:22 AM   #6
curlyfat
Recipes 

May 2010
Wyoming
Liked 37 Times on 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittyfeet View Post
I spent Sunday shampooing the carpets and doing some early spring cleaning. And then I walked through the house with a blacklight (originally to see if I got all the carpet cat vom stains out, and then I got curious and walked through the house and looked at the walls and fixtures).

Side note: walk through your house with a black light. You see all the invisible stains and ickies, which is gross and kind of depressing, but you feel like a CSI person while investigating, and that's pretty freakin' cool.
Done that. Scary as hell! You'll find stains from three owners back (at least that's what I told SWMBO )!

Old 02-08-2011, 03:27 AM   #7
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3410 Times on 3250 Posts

Went to meet with insurance on Saturday (wife's uncle so it's not that bad) then sunday I woke Brewed a MO/Cascade SMaSH and smoked a couple fatties and some bacon crumble and cream cheese stuffed jalepenos for the super bowl. Then went to a buddie's with the two fatties and peppers. Fatties being sausage and bacon loafs, not the fun kind from college

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:52 AM   #8
TxBigHops
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2009
Houston, Texas
Liked 115 Times on 86 Posts

Ummm... watched football??? drank homebrew... smoked a mess-O-BBQ - pork butt, chicken wings and ABTs.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:58 AM   #9
thony14
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Tallahassee, FLORIDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisgoestoeleven View Post
We saw the Cleveland Orchestra (one of the best in the world, in this trumpet player's opinion) at Carnegie Hall
So what Pieces did they Play?

Old 02-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #10
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4776 Times on 3223 Posts

Sat rented a UHaul and helped a friend move across town downstate. Sunday played around a bit around the house and made food for SB. Watched SB.