Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > Will tray ceiling act as a steam hood??

Old 02-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #11
woodstone
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrichead View Post
I assume you do not intentionally blow all of the steam from a pot of soup or you brew kettle into an area the size of a linen closet.
That rooms looks decent size, certainly not a closet, and with a vent sized correctly right above the brew station, there should be very little steam collecting in the tray.

Will there be steam, sure, some.

Vballdrummer was asking if feasible and I say "yes". Might be potential issues but (IMO) nothing that can't be addressed, and certainly nothing catastrophic like the walls and tray falling to the floor.

Kilz is a good call. Again, trying to encourage a nice brew room not dash his hopes...we should all be so lucky to have a dedicated space!

Just an opinion, CHEERS, men!!!

Old 02-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #12
electrichead
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstone View Post

Just an opinion, CHEERS, men!!!

Old 02-05-2011, 11:59 PM   #13
vballdrummer
Recipes 

My original plan was to use this http://www.amazon.com/Arietta-Lazio-.../dp/B0044IE992 which I picked up on craigslist ... but started the thread when I thought that the tray itself would act as a collection point using an inline 400CFM exhaust... either way I still have vent and elec work. I do really like shiney things though.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #14
woodstone
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vballdrummer View Post
My original plan was to use this http://www.amazon.com/Arietta-Lazio-.../dp/B0044IE992 which I picked up on craigslist ... but started the thread when I thought that the tray itself would act as a collection point using an inline 400CFM exhaust... either way I still have vent and elec work. I do really like shiney things though.
My wife cooks on our 36" stove daily (her hobby) and it vents through something similar to what you picked up. Ours is a Dacor 600cfm...sounds like a jet taking off and it sucks the soup right out of the pot (kidding, but close)!!! I think you'll be fine with 400cfm provided it is right over the brew station and it is venting outside.

I just took a good look at our kitchen and we have a sophit that goes almost all the way around...you could call it "tray-like". We have no issues.

Will you get some condensation, maybe, depends if you've got 3 kettles boiling away with no covers and the vent is on low. I'd still not worry too much about it.

Enjoy the Super Bowl Holiday!!!