Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Quick Bottle question...

Old 02-16-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
Hardball
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Quick Bottle question...

I am bottling this weekend and have a bottling question.

I cleaned the bottles after each time I drank from them on the last brew and placed them upside down in the box after drying. My question is do I still need to clean them before the iodophor rinse or can I just go right to the iodophor? I did search the topic before asking but I couldn't really find what I was looking for, hence the query.

Thanks in advance.

Secondary: Empty
Bottle Conditioning: Empty
Drinking: Commercial
RIP:English Special Bitter, American Pale Ale, American Amber Ale, IPA, American Wheat w/Raspberry Puree, Oatmeal Stout, Summit IPA

Old 02-16-2007, 05:40 PM   #2
rod
beer -just brew it
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

that is what i do - as long as they are clean(no crusties) i go straight to the sanitizer and then bottle - no infections yet

Old 02-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #3
Flyin' Lion

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

Even if they appear clean, I still clean mine before the sanitizer rinse just to be on the safe side. I just soak mine in the kitchen sink in soapy water and then rinse with a bottle rinser (screws onto the sink and releases the spray when the bottle is pressed upon it). Then right before I fill the bottle with beer, I rinse with onestep solution. Since I've started this process I have never had a batch contaminated during bottling.

Good luck.

Old 02-16-2007, 05:45 PM   #4
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 120 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I always clean mine (after opeining) with a hot water rinse, a time on the drying rack, then back into the plastic racks.

Come bottling day all I do is sanitize. Been doing it that way for years. Never had a ring in the neck...