Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Bar Rebuild

Old 04-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #31
Priemus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Subbed!

I love these building project threads, inspires me!

Cant wait to see what you do with that, no offence, manky looking space.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #32
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3002 Times on 2909 Posts
Likes Given: 148

This has been a while. Anything ever come of it?

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo's mom

Old 04-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #33
GarrettMD
Recipes 

The freezer came in yesterday and we brought it down to the basement to replace the old one.

The inside almost makes it look like we're having a party... curious... Also, buying 24 30-racks gets you some weird looks.
Rest assured as soon as it's completely assembled, taps and all, there will be much better beer flowing out of it than that. All homebrew, all the time.

Next week we should be getting the rest of the equipment and I'll start putting it all together with the current bar, just to have it functional for the last party of the semester. Over the summer we will be doing the aesthetic rebuild.

If we didn't all have to be bothered by classes, job searching, and being able to use the bar for parties, this would be a much quicker project, but I anticipate this mostly being worked on and completed in August. I will still update on the rest of the build I will be doing next week though, and as always, ideas are welcome on how to make this bar look good.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #34
GarrettMD
Recipes 

The rest of the parts came in today. I'll post pictures of it later once I get back to the house. It includes 2 dual faucet tower taps, CO2 tanks, corny kegs, CO2 manifold, and a whole bunch of connection pieces.

Still need to get ball lock fittings for the corny kegs though, they were out when everything else was ordered.

Either this weekend or next Wednesday I will work on putting everything together, the rest of this week is pretty busy.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:38 PM   #35
swmalone
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Stumbled across this thread. I wonder if the bar was ever finished? That manky looking original bar was basically identical to the one at my fraternity house. My senior year we also rebuilt it. Unfortunately we didn't have any home brewers at the time so it was always just Keystone Light or Natural Light. The thought of that last one makes me slightly nauseous.

Bottles: Harry Porter and Rosemary Harry Porter