Beerxml wordpress plugin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giono2

Reaction score
I notice a lot of guys post links to recipes they make and they are hosted on a personal site or blog. Well, if you're using wordpress, you should really give this Beerxml plugin a try. I have been using it for a couple of months and think it is pretty slick. The nicest part about it is that it posts the recipes as standardized beerxml files so people who use Beer Tools & Beer Smith can simply import them and test them out (Pro Mash doesn't do beerxml AFAIK). The author also has a sample page here so you can see the behavior of the plugin. I thought others might be interested since it makes collecting recipes a little easier. Enjoy.

That would be pretty cool to use. I started with promash and nope they don't have xml capabilities. Promash seemed to have created their app, did some enhancements/bug fixes for a while then haven't made any upgrades in 4 years. Wish they would otherwise they'll go by the way of lotus and wordperfect :)

I should add that with the Beerxml standard you don't need something like word press. You can post your recipes anywhere, it just provides a standard format that other programs can read with no problems. Recipe Tavern uses the beerxml format for its recipes, like this Pale Ale.

this is in a tarball format. seeing this, it is done as opensource and under the GPL agreement. this just gave me an idea :)

now to have another couple of drinks and make a design and brainstorm ideas. :)

:mug:

Brew on brothers

knipknup said:
I did some playing around with this and some google searches and ran across a very cool project called Brewthology - see http://www.brewthology.com/.

Very cool. I set up a test site here: http://www.jknoop.net/beerxml/index.php

Do me a favor and upload a recipe or two if you have a sec. I want to test out the searching features.

Well if that is a test site!!!! Good wotk. I just populated you.:D

Back