I Am A "Mean, Terrible Person!" - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I Am A "Mean, Terrible Person!"

Old 02-03-2011, 06:23 PM   #11
stevo155
Recipes 

Jun 2008
Derry, NH
Liked 42 Times on 35 Posts

My 8 year old helps shovel snow. Granted it just with a kids shovel but he likes helping Dad out.

You should have driven over to the BF's house and brought him back to your house...then make him shovel the snow. "You want to see my daughter...then start shoveling."

Old 02-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #12
Mischief_Brewing

Recipes 

Jan 2010
Montpelier, VT
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

I would have dragged her lazy arse out of the house yesterday before the first shovel-full was tossed. Hell, I had my 7 year old daughter shoveling 2' of snow off of her giant trampoline last weekend so it didn't get ruined.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #13
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Watertown, CT
Liked 3754 Times on 3586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketmaker View Post
You cruel bastard!
seems like we need to go to extremes to get thru to these kids... I actually started shoveling the snow on top of my daughters car... till she got the clue and now helps clear the driveway, not just her car.
That is awesome.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #14
Acoma
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Peoria, AZ
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

I think she should have helped pitch in. In one sense she is a 19 yr old girl and probably not the best snow shoveler around. However, after at least attempting to help she still could have heated you guys up some coffee or soup or made you lunch at least. I don't blame you for not giving her a ride. I would let her know the next time the driveway needs shoveling is the next opportunity she has for a ride.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #15
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4858 Times on 3274 Posts

I'm lucky. My girls usually love to help. Now the little one was sick yesterday, and the older one didn't help shovel (she let me snow blow after work while she did none of it all day with no school) but she did a bit of housework, as usual. She still got a brief comment from me about maybe it would have been nice to at least shovel around the doors. But she understands reality and expectations and often goes out of her way to help others.

I think you did the right thing. She's 19 FFS! Most kids don't understand what fair really is until they have kids of their own.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:43 AM   #16
pernox
Recipes 

Jan 2010
Western MA
Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Mine's nine. She plays with the dog and shovels the steps while Daddy runs the snowblower. Then she makes tuna sandwiches for lunch when we come in.

I second the motion of bringing the bf over to shovel. Put his ass to work, and he'll be too tired to try and get frisky!
"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.... The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Old 02-04-2011, 02:05 AM   #17
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pernox View Post
I second the motion of bringing the bf over to shovel. Put his ass to work, and he'll be too tired to try and get frisky!
Come on now. At 19 he could shovel all the driveways in the neighborhood and still have the energy to get frisky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 02-04-2011, 02:23 AM   #18
iaefebs
Recipes 

Aug 2010
West Coast, MI
Liked 245 Times on 177 Posts

I actually would rather shovel the snow myself. I have a 19 yr old son that would shovel anytime I ask but it is just something I enjoy doing. The same as cutting the grass in the summer. It gets me outdoors and yeah I have all the aches and pains of a 58 yr old. However..... I heard a story the other day from a guy who said his 19 year old daughter was backing her car out of the driveway and got her car stuck. She used her cell phone to call her Mom to come outside and shovel her out. She's in her driveway and calls the house. The daughter actually sat in the car while the Mom shoveled her out....

Old 02-04-2011, 03:36 AM   #19
Hang Glider
Beer Drinker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2007
North Augusta, SC
Liked 204 Times on 152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaefebs View Post
She's in her driveway and calls the house. The daughter actually sat in the car while the Mom shoveled her out....

this is just wrong!

Old 02-04-2011, 03:44 AM   #20
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2009
Madison, WI
Liked 432 Times on 338 Posts

Bravo. sir. Bravo.
murr
Kegged