Perlick o-rings - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Perlick o-rings

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
jtrainer
Recipes 
 
Sep 2008
Posts: 291
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts



Does anyone know what size O-Rings are used on the Perlick 425 faucets?

Mine developed a small occasional drip, so far I've been told to replace the O-rings to correct the old unit...

thanks,
__________________
I brew the best beer around..ship me your finest, I'll email a picture of me tasting your beer.
OnTap: Air
OnTap: Air
OnTap: Air

Fermenter: Imp Vanilla Porter, BackAtIt IPA
OnDeck: Happy New Beer

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
EFaden
Recipes 
 
Jan 2006
Rochester, New York
Posts: 545
Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts


I could have sworn I had this somewhere. But I can't seem to find it. I am interested in it as well.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:18 AM   #3
jtrainer
Recipes 
 
Sep 2008
Posts: 291
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


OK let me ask this... are the same o-rings used in a Perlick 525 as are in a 425?
__________________
I brew the best beer around..ship me your finest, I'll email a picture of me tasting your beer.
OnTap: Air
OnTap: Air
OnTap: Air

Fermenter: Imp Vanilla Porter, BackAtIt IPA
OnDeck: Happy New Beer

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #4
jtrainer
Recipes 
 
Sep 2008
Posts: 291
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


OK a call to Perlick (duh should have done that second) and I learned:

425 faucets use 3 O-Rings 1/2" ID and 1/16 CS (Cross Section)
525 faucets us 2 O-Rings 1/2" ID and 1/16 CS (Cross Section) AND (line disconnected)

Hope this helps someone else...
__________________
I brew the best beer around..ship me your finest, I'll email a picture of me tasting your beer.
OnTap: Air
OnTap: Air
OnTap: Air

Fermenter: Imp Vanilla Porter, BackAtIt IPA
OnDeck: Happy New Beer

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #5
EFaden
Recipes 
 
Jan 2006
Rochester, New York
Posts: 545
Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrainer View Post
OK a call to Perlick (duh should have done that second) and I learned:

425 faucets use 3 O-Rings 1/2" ID and 1/16 CS (Cross Section)
525 faucets us 2 O-Rings 1/2" ID and 1/16 CS (Cross Section) AND (line disconnected)

Hope this helps someone else...

So all of the O-Rings are the same then? Based on those specs it would seem that McMaster #9452K58 should fit the bill. Right?
__________________
-Eric

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #6
jtrainer
Recipes 
 
Sep 2008
Posts: 291
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


Eric I think so. I'm going up to my local Tru-Value later to look for them.

For the 425 yes all three are the same unit, it's the 525's that have 2 different O-Rings.

I also realize I forgot to put the composition material is... N-7044

Material: O-Ring Composition N-7044 : 70 durometer nitrile, internally lubed with RTD's proprietary organic lubricant
Compound Details: N-7044 70 durometer nitrile, internally lubed with RTD's proprietary organic lubricant
Status: Non-Stock Compound
Colors:
Durometers:
Flags: FDA Internally Lubed
Essentially Buna-N available at bLowes or Dome Hepot or Ace or name it...

O-Ring composition compatible with Beer!
http://www.efunda.com/designstandard...ne&SC=Beer#mat
__________________
I brew the best beer around..ship me your finest, I'll email a picture of me tasting your beer.
OnTap: Air
OnTap: Air
OnTap: Air

Fermenter: Imp Vanilla Porter, BackAtIt IPA
OnDeck: Happy New Beer

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #7
EFaden
Recipes 
 
Jan 2006
Rochester, New York
Posts: 545
Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrainer View Post
Eric I think so. I'm going up to my local Tru-Value later to look for them.

For the 425 yes all three are the same unit, it's the 525's that have 2 different O-Rings.

I also realize I forgot to put the composition material is... N-7044

Material: O-Ring Composition N-7044 : 70 durometer nitrile, internally lubed with RTD's proprietary organic lubricant
Compound Details: N-7044 70 durometer nitrile, internally lubed with RTD's proprietary organic lubricant
Status: Non-Stock Compound
Colors:
Durometers:
Flags: FDA Internally Lubed
Essentially Buna-N available at bLowes or Dome Hepot or Ace or name it...

O-Ring composition compatible with Beer!
http://www.efunda.com/designstandards/oring/oring_chemical.cfm?SM=none&SC=Beer#mat
Interesting. It would seem like Buna-N or a bunch of other things would work fine. ... FYI size is Dash Number 014.
__________________
-Eric

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #8
jtrainer
Recipes 
 
Sep 2008
Posts: 291
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


and since my faucet sprung another leak this time at the shaft seal... I called Perlick and received the following size information:

Perlick 424SS

Shaft O-Ring: Dash 202
ID 1/4" (.234")
CS 1/8" (.139")
__________________
I brew the best beer around..ship me your finest, I'll email a picture of me tasting your beer.
OnTap: Air
OnTap: Air
OnTap: Air

Fermenter: Imp Vanilla Porter, BackAtIt IPA
OnDeck: Happy New Beer

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:07 PM   #9
jwilki1
Recipes 
 
Oct 2010
NC
Posts: 45
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrainer View Post
and since my faucet sprung another leak this time at the shaft seal... I called Perlick and received the following size information:

Perlick 424SS

Shaft O-Ring: Dash 202
ID 1/4" (.234")
CS 1/8" (.139")
Does anyone know the size for a Perlick 525 internal O-Ring?

Dash 202 is too small. Anyone needs some for there 425 faucets?
__________________
“Having thus chosen our course, without guile and with pure purpose, let us renew our trust in God, and go forward without fear and with manly hearts.”
-Abraham Lincoln

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
foltster
Recipes 
 
Dec 2009
RDU, NC
Posts: 335
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts


Perlick lists "O"-RING F/SANITARY FAUCET 1/2"ID X 1/16"CS COMP. N7044 as one of the two replacement o-rings but you have to spend $25 dollars to order from them how dumb.

http://www.perlick.com/store/webcata...ctno=1&grpno=3

Add part 425-8 to your cart to get the size listed (in the cart).

Maybe lowes or HD carries something close enough?
__________________
Still brewing...

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Part Number for Perlick 575SS O-Rings? EFaden Bottling/Kegging 2 12-15-2010 12:53 PM
O Rings uechikid Bottling/Kegging 7 05-15-2010 11:33 PM
O-Rings Boomer Bottling/Kegging 1 04-03-2010 09:17 PM
111 O-rings samc Bottling/Kegging 2 12-10-2009 03:07 PM
Keg O-rings. AHammer16 Bottling/Kegging 6 02-09-2006 06:34 PM


Forum Jump