Well, it went awesomely! i was just gonna use my equipment for partial mashes, but decided to break it in via a SMaSH recipe and had WAY too much fun... took way longer then i wanted though... lol 6 hours!
but anyways, onto a few pics i did get a chance to snap with my phone
new brewpot - 8 gallon next to my old 5 gallon ($30 at bimart)
some other small new stuff,
Grain (marris otter) , 3lbs of cane sugar, bottle caps, 2 air locks, 2 corks, 2 smaller fermenting buckets and the handle of the 2 foot long spoon i got for stirring, found out the hard way i need something more stable. it's kinda flimsy
but is it ever long! Citra and summit hops, and some hazelnut flavoring for a later on brew day, and some coopers yeast (i do love their yeast, and it's the cheapest at my brew shop lol works for me!)
Here is the tun, lost 0 degrees in the hour! (stayed at 156*
couldn't decide if i wanted to fly or batch sparge, decided on the batch but didn't wanna reach in there and grab that piece of plastic
the aftermath (this was taken a day later) and i had too much wort lol i was doing a split boil but still wasn't done sparging when i was done collecting, so i put the rest in another pot and used the hop dust from austin home brew supply.
for the 1 gallon fermenter (the jug uptop) i had a 1 gallon waterbottle i just used that day, drilled 2 holes in the top a little smaller then the diameter of some tubing i just bought that day as well, shoved 2 pieces of tubing into a mr beer bottle and filled with water for a blow off tube... just incase... haha don't know if this will work, but i figure if it holds water to drink, i can ferment into it
sorry i didn't grab more, first all grain and was trying to watch everything closely. hope you enjoyed!