Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > Brutus 10 Rebuild (Lots of Pics)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #41
J-Malone
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
J-Malone's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Dickson, TN
Posts: 316
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Any chance we could get the measurements? I am in the process of gathering and drawing designs for a Brutus build of my own and this has become my new favorite!

Thanks,

JM


__________________
Cold Desert Brewing Company

On Tap: Berlinner Weiss (still...lol), Dickson County Pale, Evil Twin Clone (Hoppy Amber)

Fermenting: McFearless IPA (Apollo/Summit Hop Monster!)

Cold Conditioning: English Pale Ale (Yorkshire Square yeast)

In the queue: Munich Helles, Standard American Lager (My Fizzy, yella beer try), APA (10g split batch using diff yeast), ABA (Hoppy 7-8%, Imperial Janets Brown??? maybe), Saison (using WLP670 American Farmhouse), Terrapin Hop Karma Brown IPA Clone
J-Malone is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #42
psyphinx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Malone View Post
Any chance we could get the measurements? I am in the process of gathering and drawing designs for a Brutus build of my own and this has become my new favorite!

Thanks,

JM
Which measurments do you need?


psyphinx is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #43
J-Malone
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
J-Malone's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Dickson, TN
Posts: 316
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I am literally in the infant stages of this, so anything about the basic dimensions would be great.

What size and type of steel did you use?

I am planning to use the same burners (BG12) and wondered how you hard plumbed them? Any special orifice required or did you just pipe it into the elbow?

Thanks again,

JM
__________________
Cold Desert Brewing Company

On Tap: Berlinner Weiss (still...lol), Dickson County Pale, Evil Twin Clone (Hoppy Amber)

Fermenting: McFearless IPA (Apollo/Summit Hop Monster!)

Cold Conditioning: English Pale Ale (Yorkshire Square yeast)

In the queue: Munich Helles, Standard American Lager (My Fizzy, yella beer try), APA (10g split batch using diff yeast), ABA (Hoppy 7-8%, Imperial Janets Brown??? maybe), Saison (using WLP670 American Farmhouse), Terrapin Hop Karma Brown IPA Clone
J-Malone is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #44
psyphinx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Malone View Post
I am literally in the infant stages of this, so anything about the basic dimensions would be great.

What size and type of steel did you use?

I am planning to use the same burners (BG12) and wondered how you hard plumbed them? Any special orifice required or did you just pipe it into the elbow?

Thanks again,

JM
Ill get all that info for you this upcoming Sunday and post back. I keep my brewstand at the local homebrew shop I work at part time but I dont have another shift until Sunday. More than happy to help out a fellow brewer/brutus builder.
psyphinx is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #45
J-Malone
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
J-Malone's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Dickson, TN
Posts: 316
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyphinx View Post
Ill get all that info for you this upcoming Sunday and post back. I keep my brewstand at the local homebrew shop I work at part time but I dont have another shift until Sunday. More than happy to help out a fellow brewer/brutus builder.
Thanks! I appreciate it...
__________________
Cold Desert Brewing Company

On Tap: Berlinner Weiss (still...lol), Dickson County Pale, Evil Twin Clone (Hoppy Amber)

Fermenting: McFearless IPA (Apollo/Summit Hop Monster!)

Cold Conditioning: English Pale Ale (Yorkshire Square yeast)

In the queue: Munich Helles, Standard American Lager (My Fizzy, yella beer try), APA (10g split batch using diff yeast), ABA (Hoppy 7-8%, Imperial Janets Brown??? maybe), Saison (using WLP670 American Farmhouse), Terrapin Hop Karma Brown IPA Clone
J-Malone is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:00 AM   #46
jaredwhite
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Orange City, Iowa
Posts: 11
Default

I have those same burners for my build. I haven't actually started building yet...just collecting everything to do so. So I have a couple questions: How far away from the kettles did you mount the burners and about how long does it take for them to bring your wort to a boil?
__________________
Jared
jaredwhite is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:36 PM   #47
psyphinx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredwhite View Post
I have those same burners for my build. I haven't actually started building yet...just collecting everything to do so. So I have a couple questions: How far away from the kettles did you mount the burners and about how long does it take for them to bring your wort to a boil?
They are about 6-7 inches from the bottom of the kettles. I've only done one batch on it so far and I didnt take notes on how long it took to come to a boil. That said I didnt notice it being any longer or particularly shorter than any other batch Ive done. Next time I brew (this saturday) Ill try and remember to time it.
psyphinx is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #48
Steelers77
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Steelers77's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Janesville, WI
Posts: 2,069
Liked 68 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

Do you have a pilot on the burner? If not are you manually lighting the burneres when needed?
__________________
Pearl Malt is back in stock!

Get your hops, 85 varieties starting at $.75/oz!

Accuflex Bev Seal Ultra in stock now!

Farmhousebrewingsupply.com

http://farmhousebrewingsupply.com

https://www.facebook.com/Farmhousebrewingsupply

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Farmhousebrew
Steelers77 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #49
psyphinx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers77 View Post
Do you have a pilot on the burner? If not are you manually lighting the burneres when needed?
The mash tun burner and hot liquor tank burner have standing pilots that are lit throughout the brewday.
psyphinx is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #50
Dirty
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Olathe
Posts: 151
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Sooo. What ever happened to those keggles after you went high-end? Sure hope there not laying around feeling neglected. That would be terrible.

Rock Chalk

Chris


Dirty is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black Sunhsine - My Keezer Build - Lots of Pics electrichead Kegerators and Keezers 110 12-03-2014 07:12 PM
Automated HERMS rebuild blackheart Brew Stands 26 11-26-2012 02:15 PM
RIMS Build Update (lots of pics) Sawdustguy Brew Stands 11 02-08-2012 04:33 PM
Finally some Brutus Pics FreebootersBrewing Brew Stands 22 07-11-2010 01:57 PM
Home bar finally done. Lots of pics iamopie2 Kegerators and Keezers 17 05-09-2009 07:14 AM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS