Hop soda? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Hop soda?
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2011, 01:35 AM   #11
ChshreCat
Recipes 
 
Aug 2008
Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 11,524
Liked 536 Times on 429 Posts


Sorry, my friend. I know you're just making soda, but this is an alcohol making website. You're going to have to come back in about 8 years. See you then!



 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:31 PM   #12
chickenetti
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
denver, co
Posts: 6
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts


There are recipes for both ginger beer and root beer that call for hops.



 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:00 AM   #13
gfinockio
Recipes 
 
Aug 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 106
Liked 18 Times on 11 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
Sorry, my friend. I know you're just making soda, but this is an alcohol making website. You're going to have to come back in about 8 years. See you then!
Brewing is brewing - I'd be a bit more gentle in your reply next time, mate.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:09 AM   #14
ChshreCat
Recipes 
 
Aug 2008
Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 11,524
Liked 536 Times on 429 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by gfinockio View Post
Brewing is brewing - I'd be a bit more gentle in your reply next time, mate.
I was quite gentle, and polite too boot. I don't make the rules. I just enjoy this website and don't want it shut down due to minors taking part. The age issue is in the terms of service. Not sure what I said (two and a half years ago) that offended you... mate.
__________________
"Science + beer = good!"
-Adam Savage

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:17 AM   #15
ChshreCat
Recipes 
 
Aug 2008
Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 11,524
Liked 536 Times on 429 Posts


lol... that long ago I'm not even sure who I was replying to, unless the post was removed along with the user.
__________________
"Science + beer = good!"
-Adam Savage

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:27 AM   #16
BigSumpin
Recipes 
 
Nov 2013
Seattle, WA.
Posts: 156
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by dinnerstick View Post
lightly hopped ginger beer? could be good, could be vile... might have a bash at it
Check out the Trade Route Ginger ingedients...too lightly hopped but still very tasty.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:52 AM   #17
gfinockio
Recipes 
 
Aug 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 106
Liked 18 Times on 11 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
I was quite gentle, and polite too boot. I don't make the rules. I just enjoy this website and don't want it shut down due to minors taking part. The age issue is in the terms of service. Not sure what I said (two and a half years ago) that offended you... mate.
Brewing soda doesn't mean someone is underage. Could be making soda for your own kids.

Back on topic - I'm going to try to make some sweet ginger ale and lightly "hop" it. Any suggestions on which hops to use?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:37 AM   #18
ChshreCat
Recipes 
 
Aug 2008
Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 11,524
Liked 536 Times on 429 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by gfinockio View Post
Brewing soda doesn't mean someone is underage. Could be making soda for your own kids.

Back on topic - I'm going to try to make some sweet ginger ale and lightly "hop" it. Any suggestions on which hops to use?
I was talking to someone who WAS underage and said so at some point. The post was likely removed or it was in another thread that he stated his age. I'm sorry if that offends you but it's in the TOS when you sign up. I'm the one who started this thread. Why would I assume someone is underage for talking about making soda when I was talking about making soda? LOL
__________________
"Science + beer = good!"
-Adam Savage

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:50 AM   #19
Fuzzymittenbrewing
Recipes 
 
Jun 2013
, West Michigan
Posts: 4,123
Liked 1261 Times on 894 Posts


Missed the tasting at local bottle shop a couple days ago but its made by the Proper Soda Co. In Grand Rapids

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9057875677716.jpeg
Views:	295
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	165609

B-Hoppy Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #20
gfinockio
Recipes 
 
Aug 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 106
Liked 18 Times on 11 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
I was talking to someone who WAS underage and said so at some point. The post was likely removed or it was in another thread that he stated his age. I'm sorry if that offends you but it's in the TOS when you sign up. I'm the one who started this thread. Why would I assume someone is underage for talking about making soda when I was talking about making soda? LOL
Well, if there was a post that was removed... that certainly does change things. My apologies.



 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting Into Soda Joeywhat Soda Making 2 11-24-2009 10:55 PM
New to Soda JDengler Soda Making 3 09-29-2009 07:02 AM
De-caf soda zac Soda Making 7 11-11-2008 09:01 PM
New to soda ajk170 Soda Making 5 10-03-2008 10:36 PM
Keg lines for soda slim chillingsworth Soda Making 10 06-24-2008 01:32 AM


Forum Jump