Who's brewing this weekend (Feb. 16-18)? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Who's brewing this weekend (Feb. 16-18)?

Old 02-15-2007, 05:12 AM   #1
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Liked 87 Times on 70 Posts

I think I am going to brew Friday, on my off day. I finally fixed up the gas lines on my stand, flexible hoses. I also just built that nifty water filter project from the Jan.-Feb. BYO, so I now have a built in water filter attached to the rig.

I haven't decided what to brew yet--Either Walker's Gruagach 80/-, Loose Cannon Cloner, or a Simcoe Slammer. Still need ingredients for the Gruagach, so if I can get to the LHBS tomorrow I'll do that. Otherwise I have the Loose Cannon ready to go and I think Boston plans on brewing his soon, so I might just do that. My goal is to get about 5 batches done in the next few weeks so my stock is back up to speed. I'm WAY low on homebrew right now.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 02-15-2007, 06:25 AM   #2

Get Your Brew On and I are meeting up at his house and brewing a 10 gallon batch of Imperial Stout this weekend. We'll split the batch and toss some French oak cubes that I've been soaking in Knob Creek into the secondary of one. We brewed an Imperial IPA last Saturday.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:44 AM   #3
Blender

Recipes 

Jan 2006
Santa Cruz, CA.
Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

I'm going to try to do a Lagunita's IPA knockoff again. I am really liking the Willamette hops in this recipe.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:52 AM   #4
Chairman Cheyco
***DRAMATIZATION***
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Calgary
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

I might do something this weekend - I should be home. Not sure what to do next though, I have 25 gallons fermenting right now...

Old 02-15-2007, 11:46 AM   #5
Brewiz

Recipes 

May 2005
Stockbridge, Ga
Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I get to sit, drink beer and watch Hops-4-Life do his first AG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-15-2007, 11:48 AM   #6
attitude

Recipes 

Jan 2007
McKinney TX
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Wont be brewing but ill be bottling a Highlander Ale and a Nut Browne Ale this weekend.

Old 02-15-2007, 01:42 PM   #7
Boston

Recipes 

Jan 2006
Cary, NC
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I'm going to brew the Loose Cannon clone this week-end.

Old 02-15-2007, 01:47 PM   #8
uwmgdman

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Oregon, WI
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'll be brewing a rye beer recipe that I whipped up over the past week should be a good time. First rye I've tried. I also think I might have to turn Lebowski on and turn it up so I can hear it in the kitchen, another thread with all the quotes gave me that idea.

I'm also going to do a side by side with my SNCA-ish beer and a SNCA. I ended up not trying to hit SNCA exactly as I decided to add 4lbs of Munich to the mix. Without doing a side by side, they taste pretty close from what I remember of SNCA, but a buddy and I will do a blind test and see which we like better.

Old 02-15-2007, 01:58 PM   #9
ill.literate
Recipes 

Nov 2006

We are!

I surprised Shimms last night with the goods to make a porter, based on Uncle Charlie's Goat Scrotum Ale. It's an extract recipe, and our second batch. Can't wait!
Up next: Kiwi IPA, Maibock?

Old 02-15-2007, 02:09 PM   #10
2nd Street Brewery

Recipes 

May 2005
Castleton NY
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I'm planning on brewing Monday also(once I get my brew area shoveled out 2 plus feet of snow yesterday) Not sure what, maybe do my Black Lager clone as an AG for the first time.