Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Freezer wiring SOS

Old 01-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
Ramok1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Freezer wiring SOS

I recently converted a Kenmore Black 8.8 cu. ft. Chest Freezer. I thought I had the wiring to and from the Love controller correct. I placed some beer in to chill down and fill my 1st keg and I pulled it out today frozen. Here are pics of what I did. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #2
A4J
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramok1 View Post
Which Love controller do you have?
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that your temp probe is wired into the wrong place.

My mid-century modern keezer build thread.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:47 AM   #3
Ramok1
Recipes 

Default More info.

I am pretty sure it is a mess up with the wiring because the love controller shut off a couple of times while I was watching it today.

Love controller
Temperature Probe

A top shot of the controler diagram.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:51 PM   #4
Hang Glider
Beer Drinker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 159 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 116

considering the voltage there - I don't like the looks of all that excess copper showing - I hope the red is shared - that or you're certainly going to short something out.

You should not test this on your freezer, with beer in it. You should plug in a lamp, then put the probe in warm water, then cold water, then warm water - the lamp should go on - off - on...

Old 02-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
Ramok1
Recipes 

Default Got it working!

Ausom got it working! It looks like there were two problems one was a programming of the controller error the temperature sensor was set for the wrong probe type, and I had changed around the wiring a little bit when trying to isolate the problem. I bought a short extension cable at harbor freight for 3 bucks and spliced into it. This by passed the whole wiring mess and was how I was able to find out that there was a problem with the probe. After I figured that out I changed the wiring a little more to tweak it so there was still power to the lights and such and gave the love controller direct control over the compressor.