Party Pig system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pol

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Party Pig System. The kegs are 2.25 gallons, but here is the thing, the "pressure pouch" that you need to dispense it, will that still allow you to dispense say over the course of several weeks??

The Pol

The Pol said:
...will that still allow you to dispense say over the course of several weeks??

The Pol

Yes, it will. What the pouch does is take up the space created from dispensing beer as well as provide the positive pressure in the pig it needs to dispense. I've used a Pig several times, and believe me, your beer won't be in it long enough to test its limits. :mug:

So, the reviews of the Party Pig are good?! I looked at the other Party Star Kegging system, with the little metal kegs... but it stated that the kegs lasted about 6 fillings... that was all, plus the issues with carbonating and dispensing with CO2...

The Pol

Pigs are much better than the 5L mini-kegs. There are a few microbreweries that sell their product in Pigs for people that don't want a keg's worth.

I like the Party Pig... and it would be alot more convenient for me than having 5 gallon kegs laying around. Hrmmmm Thanks for all of the great input!

I like the Party Pig. Put half the batch in a Pig and the other half in bottles. Also when I brew a stout I'll put a vanilla bean in the Pig and leave the bottle stout plain. That way I get two types of beer from one batch.

i tryed my party pig fo rthe first time and primed what the instructions told me to but my beer came out flat and the pressure when tapping the beer was much less than expected - anyone have this problem?

another thing - how do you all get the pouch out after the the beer is finished - mine just exploded last time when i tried to take it out - there's gotta be a 'right' way and i think i missed it

If room is a problem, then get 2.5 or 3 gallon cornies and a regular CO2 bottle. You will be able to force carb your beer and you WILL be much happier.

Latest posts

Back