What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a pint of Bass at the bar earlier. Was bummed at first when she handed me the frosted glass, but suprisingly, the malt and hops came through well even at that temp. That was good cause I didn't have time to wait for it to warm....

Just had a Lagunitas Imper Red for the first time. I really liked it. I was looking for a DIPA with some more malt than usual and found this instead. At 84IBUs 7.5%ABV and being a red, it was just what I was looking for but didn't know it.

I'm finishing off tonight with my absolute favorite - Fuller's London Porter. *Sip* Damn this beer is good...

*Sip*

Damn this beer is good...

*Sip*

Damn this beer is good...

A new to me beer

Boont Amber Ale
Anderson Vally Brewing Co.
from Boonville, CA

Above Avg for style, nice and creamy. But not good enough to justify the $10+ for a 6-pack again.

Belgian Pale with W3711...a little spicy for the style but very good!

also had some whisky and a couple oragnegatoradevodkas. I think Im on to something. Just put some 8 month Apfelwein in fridge for Sunday's trip to Qwest field!

L
O
S
E
R

Pulled a Burt Reynolds this morning and drove across state lines to a distributor to pick something up. Ended up with this...

163025.jpg

MMMMmmmmmm...drinking the Simcoe IPA right now.

Duck Rabbit Marzen out of my new 0.5 L Schneider-Brooklyner Hopfen-Weisse glass. Damn good Marzen. Maybe the best I have had.

Sierra Nevada Estate Ale, before that I had a Belhaven Scottish Ale and a Beamish Stout, nitro cans of course, and a 21st Amendment Black IPA with dinner.

Tomorrow I plan on settling down for a day watching motorcycle racing on TV and a Rodenbach Grand Cru, a Deschutes Black Butte XXI, a funky Banana Bread Ale, and a weird little Chinese beer, Lucky Lager, that comes in a Buddha shaped bottle. Hmm, I always thought Lucky Lager had the little rebus under the cap. This is NOT my father's Lucky Lager!!!

EDIT: Turns out it was called Lucky Beer and not Lucky Lager. Also, turns out it was VERY skunky...gotta love those green bottles! :p

Deschutes Hop Trip - my first "fresh hopped" brew.

Meh. ZERO hop aroma, near zero flavor. Bittering was OK though. Tasted like any other generic mediocre brewpub ale.

Thankfully, I followed it with a Glenmorangie 12yr Burgundy Wood.

Deschutes Hop Trip - my first "fresh hopped" brew.

Meh. ZERO hop aroma, near zero flavor. Bittering was OK though. Tasted like any other generic mediocre brewpub ale.

Definitely sounds like you have an old bottle. There were two versions of this brewed - one was discontinued in 2008 IIRC. You could have had one of these or something like that. From what I have heard, this has lots of hop aroma.

Definitely sounds like you have an old bottle. There were two versions of this brewed - one was discontinued in 2008 IIRC. You could have had one of these or something like that. From what I have heard, this has lots of hop aroma.

It's brewed Oct - Dec, according to Deschutes website. I know the liquor store owner well and he said they had just came in. Could've been an off batch though.

Redhook Belgian Tripel.

reminds be of a belgian tripel. slightly. Kinda the way diet coke reminds me slightly of real coke.

Stone Smoked Porter

while eating grilled pork tenderloin with a mango chutney and red-skinned mashed potatoes.

Octoberfest which is finally ready.. man, it's been worth the wait though..
Oh, and eating my chilly for supper, so tomorrow's sunday football at my friends is going to be REALLY fun :)

Right now I'm drink Scotch (Glenlivet 12 yr). It takes the strong stuff after a night of trick or treating.

Earlier I was drinking a Black Dog Ale from a Mid West kit.

I'm kegging my Octoberfest next week (after 4 weeks of primary + secondary and 8 weeks lagering). I hope it's good.

Last two bottles of Amarillo IPA batch II that I didn't know I still had,

Guinness and Schlafly Pumpkin Ale (Black & Orange)

Just finished an Anderson Valley IPA and moved on to my last bottle of Victory Hop Head. Both great IPAs but Hop Head is definitely the winner tonight.

Sierra Nevada Harvest Wet Hop Ale

Had some on tap at Porter's on Saturday. Stopped on the way home from work today and picked up a 24 oz bottle.

Back