What are you drinking now? - Page 460 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What are you drinking now?

Old 03-30-2011, 03:07 AM   #4591
jvcjbl
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Houston, Texas
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANSTAAFB

Where in hell did you find Jester King?!?!?!? I was told by my guy at Gabriel's that they had no got distribution worked out yet so hurry up and wait. I have heard nothing but good things about these guys and have been champing at the bit to taste them!
I have access to 100 plus bottles... I'm going to buy me a few more!! Best imperial stout I've ever had!!

Tap # 2: Empty
Bottled: MusiclySweet Cream Stout (for SWMBO), Black Stain Imperial Stout, Boxer Brew

Mohr Brewing Co. Like Us!!

Old 03-30-2011, 03:11 AM   #4592
TANSTAAFB
Recipes 

May 2010
San Luis Valley, CO
Liked 120 Times on 93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcjbl View Post
I have access to 100 plus bottles... I'm going to buy me a few more!! Best imperial stout I've ever had!!
I'm very happy for you...However, that helps ME not at all
Access from where? Is it a secret stash? Is there a pager number and a secret code? Help me help me!!!

Bottled: Grizzly Saison, Grizzly Brett, Session Pale, Colorado Cream Ale, Cranberry Apfelwein
Primary: -37* Blue Balls Baltic Porter, Bad Dog Brown, Bohemian Pilsner
Secondary: Rarely!!!
Future: Cognitive Dissonance Cascadian Dark Ale

Old 03-30-2011, 03:13 AM   #4593
jvcjbl
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Houston, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANSTAAFB

I'm very happy for you...However, that helps ME not at all
Access from where? Is it a secret stash? Is there a pager number and a secret code? Help me help me!!!
Im on my iPad can't see your location to know how to reference you. Where are you at??
Bottled: MusiclySweet Cream Stout (for SWMBO), Black Stain Imperial Stout, Boxer Brew

Old 03-30-2011, 03:21 AM   #4594
jvcjbl
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Houston, Texas

Quote:
Im on my iPad can't see your location to know how to reference you. Where are you at??
Ah!.... I loaded hbt on safari instead of the cheesy app and I can see your in Texas county. I have access to it in Houston.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:30 AM   #4595
TANSTAAFB
Recipes 

May 2010
San Luis Valley, CO
Liked 120 Times on 93 Posts

Quote:
Ah!.... I loaded bbt on safari instead of the cheesy app and I can see your in Texas county. I have access to it in Houston.
Where? Gabriels in San Antonio says they are not getting distribution as of 2 weeks ago. I specifically asked the very knowledgable head of the beer dept. about Jester King!!!

You are a lucky SOB
Bottled: Grizzly Saison, Grizzly Brett, Session Pale, Colorado Cream Ale, Cranberry Apfelwein
Primary: -37* Blue Balls Baltic Porter, Bad Dog Brown, Bohemian Pilsner
Secondary: Rarely!!!
Future: Cognitive Dissonance Cascadian Dark Ale

Old 03-30-2011, 03:30 AM   #4596
pernox
Recipes 

Jan 2010
Western MA
Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Fat Woody's Green Stout (homebrew)

Basic stout grist, with lots of Willamettes after 20 minutes. They lend a smooth, slightly minty hop character that goes real well with the roasty stout.

...Not gonna lie though, I've got tomorrow off, and there's a glass of Buffalo Trace staring at me waiting for this pint of Green Stout to be finished. This stuff is the nectar of the gods for a bourbon fan.
"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.... The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Old 03-30-2011, 03:56 AM   #4597
bruin_ale
Recipes 

May 2009
Campbell, CA
Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts

SN Bigfoot 2011. Not bad, I always put a few of these away, it's interesting to see the hops fall off and the malt come forward. I drank a 2006 bigfoot the other day and it was all malt. This 2011 is actually really well balanced, doesn't need to be aged at all - very good.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:43 AM   #4598
LVBen
Recipes 

Jan 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Gordon-Biersch Chech Style Pilsner... I took a couple weeks off of brewing and I have almost no ready-to-drink homebrews... :-( I'm saving my last 3 cream ale bombers to share with my teammates at volleyball games tomorrow night.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:53 AM   #4599
starrfish
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Florence, SC
Liked 31 Times on 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVBen View Post
Gordon-Biersch Chech Style Pilsner... I took a couple weeks off of brewing and I have almost no ready-to-drink homebrews... :-( I'm saving my last 3 cream ale bombers to share with my teammates at volleyball games tomorrow night.
"been to Gordon-Biersch here in SC (myrtle beach) not a big fan. Maybe Because it's in a tourist-trap outdoor mall. yours any better? everything tasted weak here in SC. even their winter special was watery.

“Son, you are a walking violation of the laws of nature, but you’re lucky, we don't enforce them laws.”

Old 03-30-2011, 06:03 AM   #4600
LVBen
Recipes 

Jan 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrfish View Post
"been to Gordon-Biersch here in SC (myrtle beach) not a big fan. Maybe Because it's in a tourist-trap outdoor mall. yours any better? everything tasted weak here in SC. even their winter special was watery.
It's not great, but it is a good variation from other stuff. We don't have the greatest selection at most of the stores in Vegas. It is in a variety pack with a blonde bock, a maibock, and a marzen. These are all pretty watery, but that matches the styless, right? The Czech-style pilsner has a nice hop flavor to balance the wateriness.