What are you drinking now? - Page 32 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What are you drinking now?

Old 01-28-2007, 01:42 AM   #311
drummer3
Recipes 

Sep 2006
Pell Lake, Wis.

Must be that Cascade hop huh?

Old 01-28-2007, 01:43 AM   #312
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

Cascade, Amarillo, and Centenial. Huge late hop additions.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 01-28-2007, 01:45 AM   #313
drummer3
Recipes 

Sep 2006
Pell Lake, Wis.

Sounds real close to the IPA I'm making tomorrow

Old 01-28-2007, 01:47 AM   #314
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA

Here's my recipe:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=17549

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie

Old 01-28-2007, 02:15 AM   #315
Brewsmith

Recipes 

Aug 2005
Torrance, CA
Liked 64 Times on 59 Posts

Bird, have to finished off my other beers yet?

I'm currently drinking a sample from my stout. My secondary is completely full, and I still had a pint left over after everything. It's nice and smooth. Only a little roastedness, but in a good way, the Chocolate malt adds a nice depth tto the flavor. It's light enough that I could have a couple pints of this. Can't wait to put it on tap...I'll be drinking that Smoked Porter gone soon if it kills me.
Fermenting:#160 Apollo/Calypso Pale Ale
Kegged:#153 Old Helicon Barleywine 2013, #157 Irish Red, #158 Mosaic IPA, #159 Bravo/Delta ESB
Up Next:Brown Porter, American Stout, Imperial Stout
My Recipes
Tuba Sonata

Smith & Co. Custom Tap Handles

Old 01-28-2007, 02:23 AM   #316
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA

Not yet, just the IPA and the dopplebock so far. I was sick and not drinking much beer for the better part of a week, and I've been hitting my own stuff recently. I'll probably be getting into some of the others (I'm intrigued by the old ale) tomorrow.

Old 01-28-2007, 02:31 AM   #317
Brewsmith

Recipes 

Aug 2005
Torrance, CA
Liked 64 Times on 59 Posts

It's from the leftover grain I had when I tried to do an amber. I asked for 11 lbs of grain, but instead they weighed out 11 kgs!. I took it home, mixed it up well, then weighed out the 11 lbs I needed for the amber then couldn't figure out what to do with the rest. I had 13.2 lbs of grain that had some munich and darker crystal in it. For 5 gallons the gravity was higher, so I just found a style that seemed to fit the grain. It's fairly bitter, but not excessive and a nice amber color, burnt orange or so. I like it. Especially since the grain was free.
Fermenting:#160 Apollo/Calypso Pale Ale
Kegged:#153 Old Helicon Barleywine 2013, #157 Irish Red, #158 Mosaic IPA, #159 Bravo/Delta ESB
Up Next:Brown Porter, American Stout, Imperial Stout
My Recipes
Tuba Sonata

Smith & Co. Custom Tap Handles

Old 01-28-2007, 03:18 AM   #318

Orval This is my desert island beer. If I had to choose only one beer to drink the rest of my life, this would be it. Horse blanket nose, slight orange character finshing very bitter with a touch of sourness from the Brettanomyces. This is the beer I want to make!

Old 01-28-2007, 04:54 AM   #319

OK now I've switched over to Weyerbacher "Insanity" courtesy of a beer swap with Bird. Wow, this is great. Medium Amber color, very little hop in the nose just a wonderful malty aroma, thick silky mouthfeel, flavor of hops, oak, vanilla, toffee and alcohol all intermingling together quite nicely. I could sip on this all night!

Old 01-28-2007, 01:34 PM   #320
Orfy
For the love of beer!

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cheshire, England
Liked 95 Times on 62 Posts

It's Sunday Lunch here.

And I'm on a wonderfull glass of Innis and Gunn Oak Aged Beer. This is some good ****.

Oak aged like no other beer…
No other beer is brewed the same way as Innis & Gunn, or for so long. It's a unique process that marries traditional, highly skilled craftsmanship with a unique modern innovation.

We go deeper into the oak...
After our barrels have been filled with beer, they are locked inside a traditional 'Dunnage' warehouse to absorb the flavours in the oak grain - hints of vanilla, citrus and toffee. This takes a minimum of 30 days.
77 days to mature...
The barrels are then emptied and blended. Maturation then continues for a further 47 days in a 'marrying tun', where the flavours fall into perfect balance.
From chaos comes consistency…
Being a natural process, every barrel matures in a different way and at a different speed, imparting different flavours to the beer inside. We nose and taste the flavour of every individual barrel. Only when we deem it perfect does the beer 'make the blend'.

Oak Aged Beer 6.6%

Tasting Notes:

Colour: Honey
Palate: Luxurious malt and toffee giving way to mellow oak with vanilla
overtones. Balanced by the orange peel citrus character. Warming
Finish: Floral, soothing oak with vanilla more evident, lemon zest. Pour me another!