What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's 100% wheat, so not a bourbon, but something I've been wanting to try for a while now. I'm sipping a little 4 roses myself. Too lazy to load pic, but it's in a fancy glass. ;)

You sir, are right. I stand corrected. It is a Wheat Whiskey. Still tasty..

Onto Hello's Belgian Brown from the Big Brew. Sweet, but with a definitive Belgian character.

1395451384277.jpg

So, first off, it's AWESOME!
View attachment 187448
Pours thick and black as motor oil. Coffee forward, especially on the nose. I don't pick up much vanilla, a little bit of chocolate. Didn't have much heat from the chile until it warmed, then the peppers start to come through, but in no way over powering. Zero booziness or alcohol heat and mouthfeel is perfect.

Terrific brew!

Stupid app won't let me see pic, what beer you drinking???

I am having a nooner. Could drink these all day.

Attachments

• 1395451340090.jpg
    1395451340090.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 75
OK, another amateur hour question on the eve of my first brew with a real mash tun: I'm doing a batch sparge; do I let the sparge water sit in the tun for a while like a short mash or do I put the sparge water in and immediately start draining it?

Not drinking anything special tonight. Just this.
View attachment 187470

I hear ya, I heard that stuff blows.

Im moving onto Tamarack Hat Trick Hop IPA, very very nice! Reminds me of Mad Hatter almost but with more of a bitter bite. Thanks to Clint on this one. And I love how it has directions for use on the can

Attachments

• 1395453097087.jpg
    1395453097087.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 1395453108751.jpg
    1395453108751.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 73
OK, another amateur hour question on the eve of my first brew with a real mash tun: I'm doing a batch sparge; do I let the sparge water sit in the tun for a while like a short mash or do I put the sparge water in and immediately start draining it?

Ive done both, havent seen much of a difference. I never leave it more then twenty minutes.

Ive done both, havent seen much of a difference. I never leave it more then twenty minutes.

Thanks. I am an over-planner. I'm running through the whole process in my head, and taking notes, so that I can anticipate problems and questions before they come up.

I give it five minutes, verlouf (spell), drain.
Onto this, I could drink it all night if it wasn't 11.5%

IMG_2400.jpg

I pour the sparge water in, stir like mad for 1-2 minutes, let sit for 5-10 minutes, and then drain. Not sure if that is necessary, but it's what I do.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395453775.504169.jpg

Is it just me, or do Maine beer co. seem thin / water to anyone else?

Tasty, but not the mouthfeel I would expect for any of the styles.

Stupid app won't let me see pic, what beer you drinking???

I am having a nooner. Could drink these all day.

Prairie/Evil Twin collab - Bible Belt. Imperial stout aged on vanilla/coffee/chile peppers/cacao nibs.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395454304.357741.jpg

Watching the UK-KSU game. Not a fan of either team, but Finsfan sends me good beer in the mail, so I'll pull for the wildcats in this one :D

Drinking some really good homer **** right now
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395454406.216042.jpg

10" false bottom.

I let mine sit for about 20 minutes before Vorlaufing. Don't think it matters if you let it sit for 10 or 20. I just drink more beer.

Sent from my mobile device. /rant

DC has a really cool Whole Foods and a decent selection of bottles. I decided to try this one because I'm brewing a mocha latte stout and I want a little reference. Mine is in secondary right now. No chocolate in the Lagunitas, 9.2% ABV and a bit high on the bitterness for me. I was hoping for a little smoother, but it's good. Definitely higher ABV than mine will be! This one bomber will do me, for tonight, on a trip with SWMBO and kids.

1395453917195.jpg

Drinking Deschutes Hop Henge experimental IPA. Too lazy to take a picture and also completely unsure what the hell I'm tasting. I don't hate it, but I can't place this dominant flavor of mouth punching.

Prairie/Evil Twin collab - Bible Belt. Imperial stout aged on vanilla/coffee/chile peppers/cacao nibs.

Sounds great, but is it much different from Bomb?

Drinking DC's coffee oatmeal stout. This is pretty darn tasty. I would buy this.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395455092.164045.jpg

Liking the coffee flavor. How did you treat it?

Yikes, fins. A hot Kentucky is as good as anyone in the nation. Hope you didn't get them on the wrong night.

Although a Calipari v Pitino matchup is intriguing.

Sounds great, but is it much different from Bomb?

No, not much. I was thinking the conversation went like this, "Hey, Evil Twin Brewing, we need a spot to brew bomb!, can we use your spot? If you let us, we'll call it a collaboration."

In all seriousness, it's a bit different but still great.

My German Ipa III.Why? Because its award winning only in my mouth. :pipe: ... and its kinda half of my lame supper tonight too. Mmm.. beer calories. Carbs and carbonation = beer. Plus hops and barley and stuff.

Back