What are you drinking now? - Page 22 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What are you drinking now?

Old 12-16-2006, 04:59 AM   #211
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Liked 87 Times on 70 Posts

Wow, I just finished a GREAT beer. Our realtor gave me a sampler pack of worldly brews on the day we closed on our house, and I hadn't tried any of them until tonight. One was a "celebration ale" from a japanese brewery called Kiuchi.

I did not have high expectations for this, considering the label says "Ale brewed with spices and vanilla beans (coriander, orange peel, nutmeg, and cinnamon)"

Wow. It is a Belgian style ale but it is kicked up a notch on the hops. I'd guess it has about 30-40 IBUs and obviously a Belgian yeast. It totally kicked ass. 9% alcohol too.

I'm glad she bought me 2 of them.

This is all I could find on it but damn if you guys see this, I recommend it.

http://kodawari.cc/engpage/kodawari/...n_ale_2005.htm
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 12-16-2006, 06:53 AM   #212

That sounds great. I have only had the White and Red Rice Ale.Would love to try the Celebration. I work across the street from a great Asian market in Seattle called Uwajimaya Grocery. I'll have to see if they carry it.

Old 12-16-2006, 07:02 AM   #213
Pedro-

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Plymouth, MICHIGAN

right now a winter ale from good ole Sam.

But earlier... oh eariler... i finally tried Sierra Nevada Celebration. love.

I also bought a six of a dogfish head shelter pale ale, but I only had one and didn't let go of the celebration. it actually had some sour notes to it though (the dogfish that is) i didn't get a real toasty or earthy feel to it. maybe it was the molasses flavors that kicked it in that direction for me?i will definitely have to try another bottle or two to get a good grip on it.

no degredation to dogfish, but the celebration ale was a party in my mouth.

Ferm: 10 gal Apfelwein :)
Kegged: Wit, Blonde Ale, What Wheat?
Bottled: Apfelwein, Stout
Up Next: ESB, Honey Lager, CCA
Down the Hatch: A whole sh*t-ton!

Old 12-16-2006, 08:02 PM   #214
Nate

Recipes 

Nov 2005
Virginia
Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts

One of the finest Scottish ales ever to grace the hand of man... homebrew of course.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:11 AM   #215

Just got home from Collins Pub where I was drinking Avery Salvation, Walking Man Black Cherry Stout and Boundary Bay IPA. Just finished Evets' Saison. Very nice beer. Smooth, slightly sweet with a nice spicy Belgian finish. Now I am clearing my pallet with a Session from Full Sail. http://www.fullsailbrewing.com/sessi...TOKEN=49758756 Great Premium Lager and my fallback beer after a night of drinking.

Old 12-22-2006, 10:47 PM   #216
brewt00l
Recipes 

Dec 2006
Doylestown, PA
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

I am finishing off the last of my baltic porter...down to the last 4 22s. I am definitely going to have to brew this one again as it has received some really good feedback around my beer geek circle. Commercially I have Weyerbacher's Merry Monks & Blithering Idiot, DFH 90 minute and the last bottle of Bell's Two Hearted

Old 12-22-2006, 11:02 PM   #217
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Liked 87 Times on 70 Posts

I've started on the hard stuff tonight, switching to beer later. I have a Mt. Dew and Crown much to the Chairman's chagrin, but I say, don't knock it til ya try it.

We are hosting our works' Christmas party this evening. I have the kegerator out and ready to serve Pumpkin porter and Pliny the Bastid as well. Should be a killer night.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 12-23-2006, 04:25 AM   #218
Sir Humpsalot

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Liked 87 Times on 69 Posts

Right now I'm having a Bell's Porter, with a couple of Fuller's ESB's sitting around in the fridge on standby. (all crimp tops. I'm on a bottle harvesting mission here).

Old 12-23-2006, 04:37 AM   #219
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Southwest
Liked 808 Times on 512 Posts

Ashamed to admit that I'm polishing off a Bud Light can (walked over at a friend's place...he swears by it...and I won't turn down free beer...even BMC). Will be opening a Saranac Caramel Porter soon, though (thanks to my Secret Santa...whose identity is still a secret!). I'll probably finish the night off with a chilled Macallan 12 year.

Old 12-25-2006, 12:53 AM   #220
RichBrewer

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Denver, Colorado
Liked 168 Times on 88 Posts

My "Fat Tire" clone. I think I had about 2 too many but since my wife has to work tonight who cares. OMG this beer is good. It goes down way to easy.

I think I'm 3/4 S$%@ faced.