What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not planning to sour mash, but rather mash and boil as usual, then pitch the lacto first and let it go for a couple days, then pitch sacch.

Fins, that's what you did too, ya? You taste it before pitching the sacch?

Thats what i did but i didnt taste it. I didnt even think about that

Thats what i did but i didnt taste it. I didnt even think about that

Scared?
I want to get into this but hasn't happened yet, soon!
My Mad Elf.

IMG_2231.jpg

Not planning to sour mash, but rather mash and boil as usual, then pitch the lacto first and let it go for a couple days, then pitch sacch.

Fins, that's what you did too, ya? You taste it before pitching the sacch?

Usually you can check the pH. Add the sacc when you want or just wait a few days then pitch the sacc. I want to sour mash soon. I'll wait till it gets warmer

Sent from the town of Rock Ridge. "Excuse me while I whip this out"

Heady. From the can. :) last one :(
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394244831.015745.jpg
Showing off the gift pack from the tour last night that I just unpacked. :)

I may have bi-polar disorder ;)

Orange juice. Have to work in less than 2 hours.

I really enjoyed it. They took a solid RIS and made it super smooth and creamy. Just be sure you follow the directions and pour it hard. The head takes a little while to build up. Hope I'm not over-selling it, haha.

Now it sounds even better.

View attachment 184343
Last beer if the night, I have a big day tomorrow :D

Have fun at Hunahpu day - drink lots! :mug:

Having water as I'm too floccin' tired to go downstairs. Especially after spending two hours in the elementary school cafeteria for a bingo night. Parents trying to play while kids bounced around like screaming banshees...

Working from home sometimes has its disadvantages. Working til 8 p.m. tonight as I finish building the presentation of presentations for an executive. FML right now.

Water. I really want another ****ing beer.

Beer gets the creativity juices flowing. Some of the best days "at work" were when I was working from home buzzed off my a$$.

Boil's done, chilling now.

Chilled the rest of that mead sample and drinking it now. Better chilled, added a couple drops of homemade vanilla extract to try it out. Good addition. Will be Dangerous stuff.

Watching FNL, such a great movie.

HB IPA with my chili. Off topic, but we gave up meat for lent. Tonight we made the beer bean chili from thug kitchen. If you haven't heard of this site check it out. The recipes are incredibly good.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That website is incredibly awesome. Always looking for new recipe sites and this one is hilarious and the recipes look awesome! Thanks!

My ginger brew now that the boil is underway.

The lacto starter seems to have already taken off, just grain and warm water after a few hours. Going to feed it with some wort that I took out before adding the first hop addition.

Lacto starter huh? What kind of yeast did you use?

That website is incredibly awesome. Always looking for new recipe sites and this one is hilarious and the recipes look awesome! Thanks!

We have made almost everything and have yet to be disappointed. The broccoli chick pea burritos are my favorite.

Whilist listening to the NIN Hesitation album....after A FEW HOMEBREWS and a glass of Smashed Pumpkin, Im on to my last 4Way IPA 12 pack with Blindfold-which is a pretty nice black ipa. No I didn't drink the whole 12 pack in one session. I would pee everywhere if I did. In a drunken zombie sleepwalk kind of peeing everywhere/even secluded closet/corner kind of way in the middle of the night.

after A FEW HOMEBREWS and a glass of Smashed Pumpkin, Im on to my last 4Way IPA 12 pack with Blindfold-which is a pretty nice black ipa. No I didn't drink the whole 12 pack in one session. I would pee everywhere if I did. In a drunken zombie sleepwalk kind of peeing everywhere/even secluded closet/corner kind of way.
I have a friend like this.. once mistook a buddy's bed fir the bathroom. . Didn't end well.

Sent from a happy little tree

Always sad. I have a wine bottle and 2 bombers of mine left.
Second pint of hb white ipa while waiting for beer lines to be cleaned before another fruit salad blonde goes into rotation.

Eh. This wasn't the best and I won't really miss it. I've never made a cider (or derivative of) worth sharing. Drinkable, but not great. They always come out...off.

The bigfoot:
2013 vs 2014
The 2013 started climbing out of the bottle as soon as I popped the cap, the 2014 is very sedate
Pour.jpg
The 2013 is also so hazy I can't see through it at all, where the 2014 is quite clear.

Edit
OK, so that was a waste of a 2014 Bigfoot, but man was the 2013 good!

Lacto is on the grains. So all you need is wort and grains (usually uncrush) to get lacto.

Having the neighbor of the beast

Sent from the town of Rock Ridge. "Excuse me while I whip this out"

HA! I can't believe I wrote that...I must have had yeast on my brain. I meant to ask what type of grain? I've made many starters using apple juice, honey water, ginger water etc. But, I've never used grains to make a starter.

I'm not sure what wild bugs are in my house but, once they get going and a feed them over a few days/weeks, they are beasts! I've fermented Apple Juice to over 10% with just wild airborne yeast in my house. Always tastes good to. Maybe I'll get many small ones going and sell them.

Started with that bomber of HB Nut Brown and started tinkering with a recipe that I hope to get to tomorrow. Next thing I know, I've finished the bomber and two 12 oz HB Citra Citrus American Wheat...they go down SOOO easily! But I think I've got my partial mash recipe sorted out...it's a Costa Rican Chocolate, Kona blend coffee, Mocha Milk Stout. Uses cocoa husks in the grain steep, nibs in the secondary, and 36 oz cold brewed Kona blend coffee concentrate at bottling. Fingers crossed, brewing the coffee now.

DSC04297.jpg

DSC04302.jpg

Drankin a growler of Hop Killah from Cellarmaker brewing. Citra, simcoe and CTZ, and lots of em. Drool. Crazy good! Tropical pine forest in my mouth!! This is for sure my favorite local brewery. Is it weird that my mouth is watering while writing this?

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394253078.080944.jpg

Back