What are you drinking now? - Page 2091 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What are you drinking now?

Old 01-18-2013, 02:34 AM   #20901
NailGunGuy
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Central, Illinois
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellBound

Is that Naja's Place? In Redondo Beach CA?

Looks JUST like it!
No it's in the Quad Cities in Illinois. Great beer selection for here in Illinois.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:37 AM   #20902
NailGunGuy
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Central, Illinois
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbdChemist
Last one of the night. Lagunitas does in fact suck. A very good IPA. In a old school glass that's older than me lol. I want a pretzel bun now. Listening to my favorite band. Can't wait for the new album in March and concert in April!
Aah ****. Love me some Sevendust.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:37 AM   #20903
dcHokie

Recipes 

Mar 2010
Washington, DC
Liked 257 Times on 195 Posts

drinking a homebrewed Citra Simcoe IPA, hitting the spot with a spicy dinner

Old 01-18-2013, 02:40 AM   #20904
Lushife
Recipes 

Jul 2011
Red Bank, NJ
Liked 84 Times on 64 Posts

I'm drinking Tavern Ale again, it's pretty good. I won't have any home for about a month I have to bottle my altbier.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:42 AM   #20905
Dave37
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Queens NY, New York
Liked 414 Times on 285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinsgift

How much is macro domestic beer in NYC? Last time I played there in 08 or 09, I want to say I saw people pay more than 5USD for a can of PBR.
Yes prices are effin ridiculous in this city I call home. In manhattan it is common to pay anywhere up to $9 for a 12oz of corona and 6-8 for BMC etc. This is in the lounge/nightclubs of the city though. Bars in manhattan commonly do charge around 4-5 for BMC and nice craft and macros for anywhere from 6-12+ depending on "exclusivity" In BK queens PBR tall boys can be had for 3.50-4$ but also not outrageous to pay $5 for one. And the crafts are commonly $7 and same thing exclusive or hoppy etc price goes up.

Good thing is prices for grain and hops etc are pretty much the same as everywhere else so the cost effectiveness of brewing your own here is much higher.

My desire to drink craft brews and try as many different kinds as possible has increased dramatically since I started brewing though. Causing my wallet and my liver.... And kidneys.....and uhhhmm that big electrical thing in your head...oh yea! My brain. to hate me.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:47 AM   #20906
Ostomo517
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Norton Shores, Michigan
Liked 597 Times on 381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameisgood View Post
Fireman's 4 Blonde Ale from Blanco Texas. Not bad for something light from a bottle. Says it is, and tastes like, a true ale.
I had that on tap on vacation in South Texas last week, pretty darn good I thought.
Now having the third one of these Founders Reds Rye PA of the night.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130117_214636.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	95014

jonmohno Likes This 
Old 01-18-2013, 02:47 AM   #20907
Qhrumphf
Stay Rude, Stay Rebel, Stay SHARP
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Arlington (DC), VA
Liked 3424 Times on 2445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave37 View Post
I believe it is legitimately stocked in the bar. The name of the tavern attached to the bar happens to be called alchemy. I'm not sure if this is just coincidence or not but I've been to the bar a few times as it is close to my LHbS. A search on the net of places carrying it also brings up the bar as a known spot.

That is the beauty of NyC we are able to access a lot of beers from areas quite far away. If you have the dough to pay for em. Like my last post for example. 12$ was a little crazy. But it was a very good beer that I enjoyed. Not very bitter but with a ton of hop fresh flavor and aroma.
If I recall correctly, weren't there Heady limited releases to NYC, Boston, and Philly some time last year? I recall reading that somewhere (may have been on BeerPulse or something).

DC is a lot like NYC in that regard. You can get a lot of crazy stuff, if you're willing to fork out the change. DC also allows grey market sales, so a local beer bar had a full flight of Russian River over the summer. A single 10 oz pour of Pliny was $10. Their sours were 10 oz for $16.
Cellar: '10 Brett B Tripel, '11 Lambic, '13 Brett C English Barleywine, '13 Quadrupel, '13 Sour Stout, '14 Brett C Bitter, '14 Spontaneously Fermented Cider, '15 Wee Heavy, '15 100% Brett B Red, '15 100% Brett L Kriek, '15 Bière de Garde

Old 01-18-2013, 02:48 AM   #20908
xMalachi

Recipes 

Jun 2012
St. Louis, MO
Liked 897 Times on 523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NailGunGuy

No it's in the Quad Cities in Illinois. Great beer selection for here in Illinois.
What is that place? I'd like to visit it next time I visit my sister up there.
Primary#1: Empty
Primary#2: EdWort's Apfelwein
Primary#3: Empty
Primary#4: Empty
Bottled: Lady Liberty's American Pale Ale, Honey Weizen, Pumpkin Ale, Zombie Dust Clone

Old 01-18-2013, 02:56 AM   #20909
Lushife
Recipes 

Jul 2011
Red Bank, NJ
Liked 84 Times on 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave37

Yes prices are effin ridiculous in this city I call home. In manhattan it is common to pay anywhere up to $9 for a 12oz of corona and 6-8 for BMC etc. This is in the lounge/nightclubs of the city though. Bars in manhattan commonly do charge around 4-5 for BMC and nice craft and macros for anywhere from 6-12+ depending on "exclusivity" In BK queens PBR tall boys can be had for 3.50-4$ but also not outrageous to pay $5 for one. And the crafts are commonly $7 and same thing exclusive or hoppy etc price goes up.

Good thing is prices for grain and hops etc are pretty much the same as everywhere else so the cost effectiveness of brewing your own here is much higher.

My desire to drink craft brews and try as many different kinds as possible has increased dramatically since I started brewing though. Causing my wallet and my liver.... And kidneys.....and uhhhmm that big electrical thing in your head...oh yea! My brain. to hate me.
Prices are ridiculous. What is like $20 for a pack of cigarettes now

Old 01-18-2013, 02:59 AM   #20910
johns
Recipes 

Dec 2011
warrenville, illinios
Liked 38 Times on 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lushife View Post
Prices are ridiculous. What is like $20 for a pack of cigarettes now
Ethiopia its like 2 dollars a pack......20 USD WTF???
Bottled: Mambo in your mouth,
Primary: rye saison belgian tripel
Secondary: 2 fisted IPA, breakfast stout, zombie dust, nelson apa,