What are you drinking now? - Page 2010 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What are you drinking now?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 03:35 AM   #20091
jonmohno
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
Corn, High Fructose Corn Fortress, IA
Posts: 5,847
Liked 417 Times on 367 Posts


B-vitamins/oxidized A little Plastic/bandaids?. Otherwise could have been a good ipa. Glad to finally be done with the timely 6er of this.And the best time to drink it is after haveing a few or more than a few. Lilja Hop-nest monster. Its a monster allright.And probably something we could do without anyway and better known as fictional. Amarilllo??? Im thinking old cheesy hops here. I hate when they dont print the age too. Im still going with poor storage/age though, I would still try it again. Although I think most WI beers havent been so great except you know who's. And capital is not too bad. Generally better than my states beers though. It'll be allright. Not quite dumpable.
Click image for larger version

Name:	hop nest monster.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	92762  

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:35 AM   #20092
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
nukebrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
Groton, CT
Posts: 5,666
Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Qhrumphf View Post
The lengths that some people are willing to go to provide the rest of us with decent beer porn...
I just wish I had a little creativity so I don't have to do the same shot over and over again, hehe. I think I read an article once that said you're more creative with a good buzz going. You know what that means!
__________________
The only thing more asinine than stupid rules is the enforcement of rules simply because they are the rules.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:54 AM   #20093
SFGiantsFan925
 
SFGiantsFan925's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
East Bay, CA
Posts: 876
Liked 391 Times on 230 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by nukebrewer View Post
Yep. Every time it's the same routine:

1. Remove SD card from computer
2. Walk to camera
3. Insert SD card into camera
4. Turn camera on
5. Mount camera on tripod if necessary
6. Crack open brew
7. Pour
8. Feverishly take several pics with variations in lighting, angle and exposure setting before the head goes away
9. Breathe
10. Quaff my freshly poured brew
11. Remove SD card from camera
12. Walk (with brew in hand) back to my computer
13. Insert SD card in camera
14. Open RAW file in Adobe Camera Raw
15. Adjust until I am satisfied
16. Crop appropriately
17. Save
18. Upload
19. Continue drinking
Wow, i know written down it sounds like a lot of steps, when really, all in all, it would take a few minutes. But, I just dont have the energy right now haha. Got off worl this morning and we had a fire around 11PM last night, so I am spent. Cooking dinner with SWMBO right now and feeling a good buzz haha. Whats your camera of choice? I am using a D5100 w/ 35mm prime lens, or a 50mm prime.

BTW, this "Double IPA" from Crooked, its drinking SUPER malty. I dont really think they can call it a double IPA. More like an imperial Amber. Super malty, with very little hop profile. At 9.5% its a little hot, but rather drinkable.

nukebrewer Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:01 AM   #20094
WesleyS
Registered User
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Posts: 13,515
Liked 4216 Times on 2789 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by nukebrewer

Yep. Every time it's the same routine:

1. Remove SD card from computer
2. Walk to camera
3. Insert SD card into camera
4. Turn camera on
5. Mount camera on tripod if necessary
6. Crack open brew
7. Pour
8. Feverishly take several pics with variations in lighting, angle and exposure setting before the head goes away
9. Breathe
10. Quaff my freshly poured brew
11. Remove SD card from camera
12. Walk (with brew in hand) back to my computer
13. Insert SD card in camera
14. Open RAW file in Adobe Camera Raw
15. Adjust until I am satisfied
16. Crop appropriately
17. Save
18. Upload
19. Continue drinking
Wow that's a lot. They are good looking pictures though.
For me it's:
1. Open beer and pour in glass.
2. Take a quick picture with IPhone and upload using HBT app.
3. Repeat till atleast buzzed.

nukebrewer Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:02 AM   #20095
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
nukebrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
Groton, CT
Posts: 5,666
Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by SFGiantsFan925 View Post
Wow, i know written down it sounds like a lot of steps, when really, all in all, it would take a few minutes. But, I just dont have the energy right now haha. Got off worl this morning and we had a fire around 11PM last night, so I am spent. Cooking dinner with SWMBO right now and feeling a good buzz haha. Whats your camera of choice? I am using a D5100 w/ 35mm prime lens, or a 50mm prime.

BTW, this "Double IPA" from Crooked, its drinking SUPER malty. I dont really think they can call it a double IPA. More like an imperial Amber. Super malty, with very little hop profile. At 9.5% its a little hot, but rather drinkable.
I'm shooting with a D3100 w/ 18-55 mm kit lens. I also have a 55-200 mm lens and a 50 mm manual focus prime. It was Nikon's newest entry level when I bought it and I'm not serious enough about it, at least not yet, to buy a higher end camera.
__________________
The only thing more asinine than stupid rules is the enforcement of rules simply because they are the rules.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:06 AM   #20096
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
nukebrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
Groton, CT
Posts: 5,666
Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts


Second to last drink of the night is vanilla pumpkin lager. Last drink will be a glass of scotch to put me to sleep.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130106_225000.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	92769  
__________________
The only thing more asinine than stupid rules is the enforcement of rules simply because they are the rules.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

5
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:20 AM   #20097
SFGiantsFan925
 
SFGiantsFan925's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
East Bay, CA
Posts: 876
Liked 391 Times on 230 Posts


^ I like it. Not sure if you are married. But if my wife saw me placing a glass of brew in the middle of grain she would laugh her ass off haha. I already have 2 beers fermenting in 2 different rooms of the house. Ill see what I can do with my cam tomorrow or something. You have me inspired haha.

2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:26 AM   #20098
Ostomo517
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Norton Shores, Michigan
Posts: 1,585
Liked 597 Times on 381 Posts


Deschutes Jubilale
Edit: Damn awesooome

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:26 AM   #20099
Qhrumphf
Stay Rude, Stay Rebel, Stay SHARP
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Qhrumphf's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Arlington (DC), VA
Posts: 13,444
Liked 3446 Times on 2463 Posts


Dry Stout
__________________
Souring: '14 Brett C Old Ale, '15 Lambic, '14 Lambic, '14 Flemish Red, '15 Flemish Pale, '15 Oud Bruin, '15 Session Kriek
Cellar: '10 Brett B Tripel, '11 Lambic, '13 Brett C English Barleywine, '13 Quadrupel, '13 Sour Stout, '14 Brett C Bitter, '14 Spontaneously Fermented Cider, '15 Wee Heavy, '15 100% Brett B Red, '15 100% Brett L Kriek, '15 Bière de Garde

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:29 AM   #20100
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
nukebrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
Groton, CT
Posts: 5,666
Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by SFGiantsFan925 View Post
^ I like it. Not sure if you are married. But if my wife saw me placing a glass of brew in the middle of grain she would laugh her ass off haha. I already have 2 beers fermenting in 2 different rooms of the house. Ill see what I can do with my cam tomorrow or something. You have me inspired haha.
I am married, but wifey is asleep. If she did see it she'd just roll her eyes thinking it was one my random bouts of eccentricity.
__________________
The only thing more asinine than stupid rules is the enforcement of rules simply because they are the rules.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

SFGiantsFan925 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump