What are you drinking now? - Page 1989 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What are you drinking now?
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Old 01-05-2013, 02:55 AM   #19881
bottlebomber
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Liked 2730 Times on 2109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperry
Alesmith IPA
How is it? So far the Nut Brown Ale and Speedway Stout have been fantastic, but with very little heirs with their simple labels and limited distribution. I've been curious about their IPA.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:57 AM   #19882
WesleyS
Recipes 

May 2012
Liked 4205 Times on 2782 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambeer

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2438266411.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	92310
I can't place it, but there's something about your last picture that I liked more.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:59 AM   #19883
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Liked 1083 Times on 788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukebrewer View Post
I just got my pound of Citra in a couple days ago so I am stoked to use them in something. I've only heard bits and pieces about mash hopping. What does it do for the beer?

Right now I am celebrating the fact that I'm not going to jail.
I haven't done it yet, but I read something about the oils/resins binding to proteins and lending a more flavorful bitterness. I wanna try and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmohno View Post
Last I read up on that,is it just wastes them, John Palmer as well as a few other better known brewers seem to agree after watching a podcast discussion on brewing myths.
Thanks for pooping on my parade man.

Quote:
I would have to think it would do at least a little in terms of flavor. Cant say for myself,Ive never done it though. I do like FWH so far.
That's what I'm thinking too. Or at least hoping. I'm doing the mash hop in addition to the FW. The rest are late and knockout additions.

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:59 AM   #19884
jonmohno
Recipes 

Nov 2010
Corn, High Fructose Corn Fortress, IA
Liked 417 Times on 367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordeastBrewer77 View Post
It's an elusive beer. Check out skeezer's clone here, that's pretty much what I'm brewing with an added mash hop addition and a bit more late hopping. I bought a few lbs of citra, so I figured I should do something good with some of 'em.

Attachment 92276
This is a really nice pale ale. Lots of hops flavor and a lingering dry bitterness. Aroma's nice too, nice amount of dry hopping in this one.
Weird,this is a local beer here. Glad you like it. I like it as well, they have a Hopipotimus Rye coming out again,its pretty good. As well as the farmer brown. I think the best beer we have around which is actually across the river in Illinois is a Bent River- Uncommon stout-its a coffee beer but its like the best coffee I ever had but In a beer.It smells better than every fresh roasted coffee Ive had.

atimmerman88 Likes This 
Old 01-05-2013, 03:04 AM   #19885
jonmohno
Recipes 

Nov 2010
Corn, High Fructose Corn Fortress, IA
Liked 417 Times on 367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordeastBrewer77 View Post
I haven't done it yet, but I read something about the oils/resins binding to proteins and lending a more flavorful bitterness. I wanna try and see.

Thanks for pooping on my parade man.

That's what I'm thinking too. Or at least hoping. I'm doing the mash hop in addition to the FW. The rest are late and knockout additions.
Sorry dude,not trying to bring ya down.Just what Ive seen about mash hopping latley. You know though,the more the better sometimes-so any and which way may end up making a difference. Mash hop ,fwh,60 min,hopburst,whirlpool,dry hop,keg hop..the more the merrier?! Its not a waste if you can afford them-its still there in your beer,to what degree? maybe thats science or something.

NordeastBrewer77 Likes This 
Old 01-05-2013, 03:11 AM   #19886
iambeer
Recipes 

May 2012
Wash, DC
Liked 161 Times on 124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyS View Post
I can't place it, but there's something about your last picture that I liked more.
In that case I just know you'll love these:

Old 01-05-2013, 03:11 AM   #19887
BorealBrewer
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Liked 52 Times on 39 Posts

Just finished the first bottle of my first AG brew, a home-malt, homegrown hops weizen.

It was a decent weizen. Better than I expected...first AG + homemade malt...wasn't so sure if this was a good idea...but the proof was in the drinking, and the drinking was AWESOME.

Cheers!

-"Son, you can't sing or dance, I don't like your writing, and you can't draw a picture to save your life. But you make a fine beer!" An 80 year old friend

Old 01-05-2013, 03:14 AM   #19888
huntingohio
Recipes 

Jan 2011
rural, ohio
Liked 55 Times on 37 Posts

smuttynose big beer series saison.. its almost a sour taste up front, but not in a terrible way judt not expected... i think i may be a bit to piccled to care what the next few taste like.. starting to feel amazing now and i gott drink over a triple.
Edit: the more i drink this the more- fruity/ winey??? it gets... there some good spiciness... quite quaffable in all honesty
2 gallon fermenting kit is OTW!!!

Old 01-05-2013, 03:15 AM   #19889
WesleyS
Recipes 

May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambeer

In that case I just know you'll love these:
Those were most disturbing. I think I need another beer now.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:23 AM   #19890
WesleyS
Recipes 

May 2012

Ah Yeah!

Name:	image-317850572.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	92313