Spike Brewing Giveaway - New v3 Kettle

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What are you drinking now?

Old 12-21-2012, 04:23 AM   #18461
snowtires
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Limited release hop back from tree brewing local brewery, we got an ipa, douple ipa and black ipa. Cant wait do crack these open

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4012958941.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	89553  
Drinking: Beer from the store :(

Old 12-21-2012, 04:27 AM   #18462
BenS
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Last stone epic. Not to shabby.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121220_222619.png
Views:	59
Size:	383.1 KB
ID:	89556

Old 12-21-2012, 04:29 AM   #18463
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts
Likes Given: 6068

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothkraken View Post
You should've just gotten naked then and there like the guy here in Portland that TSA was messing with.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/19/travel...est/index.html
Somehow I don't think that would have helped things, haha. Thanks for the link, though. It's kinda funny, but I get where he's coming from.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 12-21-2012, 04:29 AM   #18464
Qhrumphf
Stay Rude, Stay Rebel, Stay SHARP
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2967 Times on 2129 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukebrewer View Post

Yeah, I got arrested this morning! I'm a hardened criminal now. Apparently it's not cool to try and get a throwing star through a TSA security checkpoint. Thing is, I completely forgot it was in my backpack and what usually happens in this situation is you say, "hey, my bad, keep the throwing star" and go about your business. But noooooooo. The TSA agent called the state police and after they interviewed me they determined I posed zero threat, which they relayed to their superiors and they were ready to let me go about my business. But apparently while this interview was going on the TSA dick who found it took a picture of the throwing star and sent it to mother f***ing Washington, D.C. so the head of TSA could look at it and give his opinion. So this prick says that something must be done which forces the cops' collective hand into arresting me as a formality and charging me with 'Tampering with airport security.' According to the arresting officer most cases like this get thrown out, so fingers crossed. Anyway, that's that story, back to drinking beer!
My wife has a bad habit doing that. Fortunately she always notices while in line, surrenders ahead of time, and never been an issue beyond that. But we've lost a handful of really nice knives that way. And a couple cans of mace.
Bottled: Gose, Lichtenhainer, Irish Red, Dry Stout, Gruit, Porter, Wit, Tripel, Blond
Casked: Pale Mild, Oat Mild, BX Bitter
Cellar: '10 Brett B Tripel, '11 Lambic, '13 Brett C Barleywine, '13 Quad, '13 Sour Stout, '14 Brett C Bitter, '14 Wild Cider, '15 Wee Heavy, '15 Brett B Red, '15 Brett L Kriek, '15 Bière de Garde

Old 12-21-2012, 04:30 AM   #18465
highgravitybacon
Recipes 

Liked 215 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukebrewer View Post

Yeah, I got arrested this morning! I'm a hardened criminal now. Apparently it's not cool to try and get a throwing star through a TSA security checkpoint. Thing is, I completely forgot it was in my backpack and what usually happens in this situation is you say, "hey, my bad, keep the throwing star" and go about your business. But noooooooo. The TSA agent called the state police and after they interviewed me they determined I posed zero threat, which they relayed to their superiors and they were ready to let me go about my business. But apparently while this interview was going on the TSA dick who found it took a picture of the throwing star and sent it to mother f***ing Washington, D.C. so the head of TSA could look at it and give his opinion. So this prick says that something must be done which forces the cops' collective hand into arresting me as a formality and charging me with 'Tampering with airport security.' According to the arresting officer most cases like this get thrown out, so fingers crossed. Anyway, that's that story, back to drinking beer!
Saw a guy get the Full On Shakedown after the explosive swab hit on his backpack. Dude was like "I use it as a range bag." Oh sh!t they think, now he's got explosive residue (gunpowder) and talking about guns." He was abruptly taken to a undisclosed room where it got real stupid I'm sure.

Saw some one-tooth overall wearing bumpkin get tossed for the same thing. He was a farmer. The guy tried to explain it was fertilizer that tripped the machine but no avail. I'm sure they threw his bags out on the tarmac and let the dogs chew them to pieces.

I hate flying.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:31 AM   #18466
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Man Nuke that sucks. Hopefully you can get it taken care of quickly and there won't be some obnoxious fine they pack you with.
Well it made me miss my flight, so that was $700 that could have been better spent on brewing equipment/ingredients. If the charge sticks, I'm not sure what the maximum penalty is, but based on the circumstances I doubt I'll feel the full force of the law.

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 12-21-2012, 04:32 AM   #18467
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpher View Post
after reading this, my only woe was it was too cold to brew and use my new belma hops, so all in all, i have no room to complain at all
It's never too cold to brew, especially when you live in Texas.

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 12-21-2012, 04:33 AM   #18468
dodeebryan
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

NB Caribou Slobber out of keg ( first time kegging) while racking to secondary and dry hopping. Not a bad night!

Old 12-21-2012, 04:34 AM   #18469
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qhrumphf View Post
My wife has a bad habit doing that. Fortunately she always notices while in line, surrenders ahead of time, and never been an issue beyond that. But we've lost a handful of really nice knives that way. And a couple cans of mace.
Damn, that sucks. I hate giving up nice knives. I've had to do it before and it never feels good.

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 12-21-2012, 04:35 AM   #18470
morticus
Recipes 

Liked 98 Times on 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by highgravitybacon

Saw a guy get the Full On Shakedown after the explosive swab hit on his backpack. Dude was like "I use it as a range bag." Oh sh!t they think, now he's got explosive residue (gunpowder) and talking about guns." He was abruptly taken to a undisclosed room where it got real stupid I'm sure.

Saw some one-tooth overall wearing bumpkin get tossed for the same thing. He was a farmer. The guy tried to explain it was fertilizer that tripped the machine but no avail. I'm sure they threw his bags out on the tarmac and let the dogs chew them to pieces.

I hate flying.
Our government is out of control. They don't give a **** about our safety! It's all about oppressing the masses.