What are you drinking now? - Page 1825 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What are you drinking now?

Old 12-19-2012, 01:48 AM   #18241
WesleyS
Recipes 

May 2012
Liked 4216 Times on 2789 Posts

Samuel Adams Imperial Stout. I was prepared to comment on how horrible this beer is based on the last three of these I had. This thing has been stored away in the bottom of my beer fridge for atleast 2 years and forgotten. I really can't say anything bad about what this beer has transformed into with age. Not too bad at all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4003162355.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	89200

Old 12-19-2012, 02:03 AM   #18242
andvari7
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Liked 55 Times on 42 Posts

If I were feeling any better, I'd be enjoying my Christmas beer. But, I'm staving off...something...so I'll keep teetotal for a few days. However, I am exploring the possibility of buying either a bottle of Cognac, Drambuie, or any spirit that would be useful for illnesses.

I did give two coworkers some beer today, though. I don't know if I'll have the same spirited response that I did before, but I'm sure they'll let me down easily.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:16 AM   #18243
highgravitybacon
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Liked 216 Times on 152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryteague View Post
Sixth Glass Quadrupel Ale, From Boulevard's Smoke Stack series. This stuff is really good! Next up is a Tank 7, then a Snow Hound Winter Ale from Big Sky Brewing...
The quad felt like getting kicked in the nuts. Rough. Tank 7 is horribly peppery to my taste, but it's a hit in kcmo. They even sell it at ghetto gas stations in the four packs which is an odd thing to find.

If you can find it, try the Harvest Dance. Nice seasonal.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:18 AM   #18244
highgravitybacon
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Liked 216 Times on 152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbdChemist View Post

I'll be happily trade regularly if some one is willing. I haven't had an abrasive yet but ill definitely trade for it. Or need to take a trip around American getting brewski's
You can buy it online. Search for Haskells Liquor Store. Great selection. Found some Matilda, Jolly Pumpkin, a few uncommon lambics. They also have the Surly stuff.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:29 AM   #18245
AleFred
Recipes 

Aug 2011
New York, ny
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Founders porter....yum

nukebrewer Likes This 
Old 12-19-2012, 02:36 AM   #18246
domdom
Recipes 

Apr 2012
St. Louis, MO
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

first bottle of cluster single hop IPA. hmm....tough to pin down. smells like weird fruity grass, taste's is kinda herbal and a little buttery/oily. might be better after a week and a half.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:39 AM   #18247
DisturbdChemist
I'm drunk 60% of the time, all the time!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2011
Between-the-keggerator-and-the-couch, TX
Liked 2798 Times on 1903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by highgravitybacon

You can buy it online. Search for Haskells Liquor Store. Great selection. Found some Matilda, Jolly Pumpkin, a few uncommon lambics. They also have the Surly stuff.
Sadly that one does not ship to Texas. Many of them don't but I know a few who do. Next time I order ill check the stores I can order from.

Twitter: @dcp006 - Ambidextrous Drinker
Untappd: BiggTexx

Old 12-19-2012, 02:39 AM   #18248
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Liked 1084 Times on 788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbaumannerb View Post
Nordeast - is that similar to the Dogfish Burton Baton? If so (and the appearance is similar) then that is probably a [email protected] fine ale!
It's the same style, though I haven't had the DFH to compare. They don't make it out here. It's a really good style of beer, not many commercial examples but a good one is a fine thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbdChemist View Post
I haven't had an abrasive yet but ill definitely trade for it.
PM sent buddy.

Had a Mad Hatter IPA with my spaghetti dinner, and now this for dessert.

Name:	HPIM1646.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	89236

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:40 AM   #18249
jonmohno
Recipes 

Nov 2010
Corn, High Fructose Corn Fortress, IA
Liked 417 Times on 367 Posts

My CaliV IPA-with Organic Horizon to bitter,Citra flavor-finish+ a little Horizon, then dry hopped with Amarillo. GW organic base malt + a little home-toasted malt,crystal 40/60 and some raw sugar. Great yeast (CaliV-harvested from a previous amber beer) finishing at 1.009. One of the best Ipa's Ive ever had.Almost 9 mo bottled also. I didnt exactly have to use alot of these hops also.Its just one of those beers your like, Holy crap-this is good! And still good? Impressive. Too bad I happened to not write all my mashing notes down on it. Got most of it,just not all the details,I should have It was a double boil-so guess that was my excuse. Both different beers equally turning out great,the other I entered into a homebrew competion,and I easily should have entered this one as well.

And then a 3.5% NB inspired Ak47palemild with hallertau choc malt/crisp brown malt,carahell,bit of munich and MO base malt. Just,wow.Full bodied/flavored wow. My glass has a half full skeleton of heavy lacing from it.And windsor yeast used also,BTW. Ive had great beers with this yeast,and its fairly clean-maybe sligtly buttery, somewhat more malty but still dry clean and somewhat crisp maybe.I might use it in my next american hopped ipa, the first beer I made with this yeast was suppose to be an esb sort of but was more of an american pale ale.Depends what I can get at my LHBS.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:35 AM   #18250
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

May 2009
Los Angeles
Liked 490 Times on 395 Posts

My kegorator has been leaking co2 this o past week or so, so I haven't been able to enjoy any of my homebrew.

But enough of that. Let's have some Mongo from Port Brewing instead!

Name:	ForumRunner_20121218_193504.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	89245