Spike Brewing Giveaway - New v3 Kettle

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What are you drinking now?
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #15841
Genuine
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Putnam, CT
Posts: 458
Liked 75 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Great divide rumble ipa!


__________________
Petey Photography CT Beer Trail
Genuine is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #15842
huntingohio
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: rural, ohio
Posts: 342
Liked 55 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
What am I drinking? I'm drinking in the sweet sweet taste of victory, after serving my ex wife a fat one at court, retaining full custody of my kids, and having her lawyers report of findings rejected as evidence by the judge, all while representing myself. And washing it down with a NB Belgo.
Cheers brother!, I can tell you from experience raising kids alone will be hell alot of days but its better than worrying about em.
Next friday will be my 24th birthday and 2 weeks after that will mark 3 years that I got full custody of my kids and whipped the exes rear end in the court room.
Chocking down magic hat brewers overyly hopped stout [I need the bottles, but yuck]


__________________
P1 Strawberry bannna melomel
p2 mixed berry cyser
p3 lemon ginger melomel
2 gallon fermenting kit is OTW!!!
huntingohio is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #15843
BrewinHooligan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
 
BrewinHooligan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 4,853
Liked 1578 Times on 1059 Posts
Likes Given: 2395

Default

Love this beer! I was fortunate to get sone before it was released to the public and thought it was great.
__________________
No yeast, no beer. No beer, no civilization. Therefore, we really have yeast to thank for all our modern-day conveniences and tasty beer

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club
BrewinHooligan is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #15844
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,332
Liked 2726 Times on 2106 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingohio

Cheers brother!, I can tell you from experience raising kids alone will be hell alot of days but its better than worrying about em.
Next friday will be my 24th birthday and 2 weeks after that will mark 3 years that I got full custody of my kids and whipped the exes rear end in the court room.
Chocking down magic hat brewers overyly hopped stout
Wow, hats off to you man. I found myself a single father to a 14 month old baby at the age of 22, and had plenty of my problems of my own, but was able to straighten most of them out when that was dropped on me. I later reconciled with the ex and we has two more, then a little over 3 years ago I had a repeat but with a 2, 5, and 8 year old. It was hard but I run a tight ship and we have held it together, and recently I found myself a real woman and now we're doing just fine. In my many appearances in court I've seen a lot of fathers stepping up to the plate, and it's good to see. Any sacrifices made are nothing to know that my boys are sleeping in a warm bed in a safe place each night.
bottlebomber is offline
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #15845
odinsgift
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 491
Liked 111 Times on 89 Posts

Default

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121104_100718.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	82395

odinsgift is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #15846
BrewinHooligan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
 
BrewinHooligan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 4,853
Liked 1578 Times on 1059 Posts
Likes Given: 2395

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber

Wow, hats off to you man. I found myself a single father to a 14 month old baby at the age of 22, and had plenty of my problems of my own, but was able to straighten most of them out when that was dropped on me. I later reconciled with the ex and we has two more, then a little over 3 years ago I had a repeat but with a 2, 5, and 8 year old. It was hard but I run a tight ship and we have held it together, and recently I found myself a real woman and now we're doing just fine. In my many appearances in court I've seen a lot of fathers stepping up to the plate, and it's good to see. Any sacrifices made are nothing to know that my boys are sleeping in a warm bed in a safe place each night.
Sorry to keep the going, but it's good to see this stuff here especially because it looks like I'm headed down this road myself. I'm taking a personal break from brewing because she's the type that would try to use that against me in court.
__________________
No yeast, no beer. No beer, no civilization. Therefore, we really have yeast to thank for all our modern-day conveniences and tasty beer

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club
BrewinHooligan is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #15847
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,332
Liked 2726 Times on 2106 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OClairBrew

Sorry to keep the going, but it's good to see this stuff here especially because it looks like I'm headed down this road myself. I'm taking a personal break from brewing because she's the type that would try to use that against me in court.
That's sad to hear it is obviously best for everyone if the relationship can be reconciled. If it can't, it is important to be able to recognize that and perform damage control. The main pieces of advice I can offer is first and foremost get a planner and write down everything of importance that happens, time and date. It helps you to externalize and better understand what is taking place, and also you can use it in court if need be. Men are usually disorganized by nature in this regard, so if you have chronicled the things that have happened it will carry MUCH more weight with a judge. Also it is easy to forget things that have happened in emotional times.

Your relationship with the judge will be a semi long term one as well, so it is important that you make a good impression from the outset. Never give in to the temptation to lower yourself to the level of a hurtful and vindictive person.

And be careful. I've seen more than one fellow find himself in jail for being falsely accused for domestic violence, and I am one myself. It is a powerful trump card that women are given, it works, and is used frequently. If you even mildly suspect that things may be headed in this direction you need to protect yourself and do not be around your parter or ex until this is fixed one way or another.

Having said that, I don't think you should stop brewing. If you have DUI's or alcohol related arrests I can see why you'd be concerned, but if not there is nothing derogatory about making beer. It is a popular and well known hobby, and you need to be able to have an escape from the emotional stress of what you're going through. No judge will take the fact that you are homebrewing as an indication that you are an abusive alcoholic. I'm sorry that you're having to go through this.
bottlebomber is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #15848
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
 
nukebrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 5,672
Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts
Likes Given: 6068

Default

Lemonade Four Loko. Bought it for my SIL, but she didn't want it. It's horrible, but I don't want my money to go to waste. Will return to drinking home brew upon finishing it.
__________________
The only thing more asinine than stupid rules is the enforcement of rules simply because they are the rules.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter
nukebrewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #15849
Genuine
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Putnam, CT
Posts: 458
Liked 75 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Since noon I've had Great Divide rumble, then SN imperial pilsner, and currently having smuttynose Porter with some smoked pork loin that just came off the smoker
__________________
Petey Photography CT Beer Trail
Genuine is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #15850
wheatenbread
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 35
Default

Budweiser Budvar Dark Lager. Absolutely delicious Czech beer.


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4171360092.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	82411  
wheatenbread is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Forum Jump