What are you drinking now? - Page 1561 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What are you drinking now?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 05:01 AM   #15601
dryboroughbrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 799
Liked 159 Times on 116 Posts


the FG sample from my imperial oatmeal coffee stout (pre-coffee). Smooth, tasty, definitely get that super thick mouthfeel from the oats. I think this should be great mixed with the coffee and carbed.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:05 AM   #15602
iambeer
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Wash, DC
Posts: 1,236
Liked 161 Times on 124 Posts


Legal malt beverages of various non-InBev vintage
__________________
To wine-drinking they are very much given, and it is not permitted for a man to vomit or to make water in presence of another. --Heredotus, on the subject of Persians

NordeastBrewer77 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:58 AM   #15603
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
NordeastBrewer77's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 7,881
Liked 1084 Times on 788 Posts


One of our fine members, DangerRoss, handed this local gem to me at our post Darkness Day beer tasting. Thanks man!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1283.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	81586
Really stellar IPA from a stand out brewery here in town.
__________________
The Polk Street Brewery

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:03 AM   #15604
BigKahuna
Senior Member
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
BigKahuna's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Eastern Colorado
Posts: 5,971
Liked 52 Times on 45 Posts


RUM... Specifically Sailor Jerry! In honor of those lost from the HMS Bounty tragedy!
__________________
Seriously. I'm here for BEER
It's Not The Size Of Your Rig That Counts....It's How Often You Use It.

NordeastBrewer77 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:15 AM   #15605
bottlebomber
 
bottlebomber's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,345
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by NordeastBrewer77
Really stellar IPA from a stand out brewery here in town.
There's beer snobs, and then there's beer bitches. That's what you are. I've seen more great beer go through this thread in the last week that you somehow got your mitts on it just pisses me off! I would try to arrange a swap but I don't even know what I could come up with. All of our breweries around this coast have been selling out and distributing to punk ass right coasters so I can't even think of what to bring to the table. I hope you choke on that!

Not really lol. I'm getting serious beer envy over here though bud. And I am projecting a little because I was by a beer store going through a larger town, blew about $70 on beer and haven't liked one thing I picked up yet. Of course it could be because my homebrew is so good it sets an unreachable standard

2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #15606
JordanThomas
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 888
Liked 84 Times on 77 Posts


Had Delirium Nocturnum for the first time, and now I wonder why. Then again, it's so close to Rochefort 8 in taste and price, that it isn't a big deal. Delicious either way.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #15607
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
NordeastBrewer77's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 7,881
Liked 1084 Times on 788 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
There's beer snobs, and then there's beer bitches. That's what you are. I've seen more great beer go through this thread in the last week that you somehow got your mitts on it just pisses me off! I would try to arrange a swap but I don't even know what I could come up with. All of our breweries around this coast have been selling out and distributing to punk ass right coasters so I can't even think of what to bring to the table. I hope you choke on that!

Not really lol. I'm getting serious beer envy over here though bud. And I am projecting a little because I was by a beer store going through a larger town, blew about $70 on beer and haven't liked one thing I picked up yet. Of course it could be because my homebrew is so good it sets an unreachable standard
That made my day, BB! I'm on a mission, to drink everything. Take solace in the fact that I envy you; I let my pipeline slack, didn't brew in Aug and Sept, and now have about 15 gals conditioning and not yet ready to drink. So it's commercial beer for me. I did drink the last bottle of a really awesome IPA that I brewed over the summer, 2 gal test batch that may have been my best IPA to date.
BTW, betcha there's some things out there in Cali that you could impress those of us in ,Midwest with.
__________________
The Polk Street Brewery

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #15608
bottlebomber
 
bottlebomber's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,345
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts


Yeah we've got a few things.. I almost hate sending out Pliny at this point because there are equal beers out there that don't have half the hype. I almost wonder if Vinnie is putting less hops in it than he used to. I get it from the brewery, and the last 2 batches didn't seem nearly as dank as what I was getting before. Maybe I've just been screwed over by the lupulin shift.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #15609
LXA1100
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 5

Got a six pack of the Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale. I had heard some negative reviews about it but I'm a fan.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #15610
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
NordeastBrewer77's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 7,881
Liked 1084 Times on 788 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Yeah we've got a few things.. I almost hate sending out Pliny at this point because there are equal beers out there that don't have half the hype...... Maybe I've just been screwed over by the lupulin shift.
Nice. I totally agree about PtE, very good, but it never really lived up to the hype for me, and the last couple times I've gotten it, it hasn't been impressive. Still good, still like it, and I have a buddy who flips $hit every time I have some. Same buddy can get me Huma Lupa Licious.
And Cali has Firestone, that stuff is impressive beer. Everything I've had from them (Union, Double, and Wookey Jack, Parabola, žucaba, Double DBA) has blown my mind.
__________________
The Polk Street Brewery

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump