What are you drinking now? - Page 141 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What are you drinking now?

Old 01-10-2009, 01:43 AM   #1401
dontman
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Philly, PA
Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

I just bought a case of Winter and Holiday Ales from the BeerYard in Wayne. I am sampling a couple tonight.

So far, thumb's down on the Otter Creek Raspberry Brown. The raspberry flavor came through nicely and was obvious to be real not extract but I disagree with the malt chouce for the Brown portion. A little unbalanced. Needed a touch of sweetness to bridge the base and toasted malt. Maybe some crystal 60.

I had a Flying Fish IPA on tap earlier that was very very good but it had a slight sourness to it? Am I right here? Also the IBUs were not as high as I was expecting.

On Tap: 1. Kelly R. IPA, 2. Roter Hund Hefeweizen, 3. Bud Killer Blonde, 4. Red Dog Pale, 5. Roter Hund Oktoberfest, 6. Pumpkin Ale, 7. McRed's Stout (with new nitro system and stout tap,) Cream Soda, 8. ESB # 3, & 9. Ordinary Bitter.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:48 AM   #1402
Loweface
Recipes 

Sep 2007
Limerick, Ireland
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Hobgoblin... Normally yum, but after a night on the town and with a kebab, not so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chortly View Post
...homebrew contains more satisfactrons per serving, so you don't have to drink as much as you would a commercial beer to get to your satisfactron saturation.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:54 AM   #1403
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3180 Times on 1881 Posts

Loose Cannon Hop3 Ale...

WOw pretty damn good...never heard of it before, bought a mix sixer today at the bottle shop and it was the only IPA in the mixer fridge..I bought two and I'm glad I did...

I also drank tonight 2 August Schell beers...their vienna Lager...nicely malty with a decent hop back...and their apa...pretty good as well.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 01-10-2009, 03:11 AM   #1405

Just returned from the local sushi joint with SWMBO and my SIL and her husband. I brought:

- Saison DuPont
- Rodenbach Grand Cru
- Duchesse De Bourgogne

Old 01-10-2009, 04:05 AM   #1406
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
St. Louis, MO
Liked 784 Times on 434 Posts

Stopped by the local beer shop (Lukas Liquor) on my way home from the bulk grain pick up.

The MIL gave me a gift certificate there for Christmas (man I love that woman). Picked up some Bluebird Bitter, Some various Scottish Ale, a few Wee Heavy's, Some local IPA's and a Rogue Dead Guy Ale. All 22's.

Got home and onloaded and decided to give my "Left Nut Ale" a sample since it's been on the gas for a whole 24 hours now. Awesomeness is the only way to describe this one...but more on that later.

I'm just finishing the Dead Guy (in my HBT glass) and it is very nice. My first. Kind of like a kicked up, fruity amber with some wheat malt in there. Sweet. Slightly spicy. A medley of fruit with some (slight) banana. A very nice beer. The yeast (don't know what it is) really seems to play a heavy role with this one. I like it.

...oh...wait.......just finished it.

Hmmmph. Okay...going to go put another log in the fireplace and peruse my commercial haul for my next "experience".

Old 01-10-2009, 05:50 AM   #1407
Brewsmith

Recipes 

Aug 2005
Torrance, CA
Liked 62 Times on 58 Posts

Stone 11th Anniversary, now a year and a half later. From a growler refill at the brewery.

The hops are really dropping out of this now. I had it a few months ago and it still tasted like an IPA. It's now like a big brown ale with a little citrus hop flavor. It's still good, just really different.

If anyone still has bottles hanging around and wants to drink it while it still resembles an IPA, you should probably drink it soon. I still have a couple bottles, I think I'll still hold on to them for a while.
Fermenting:#160 Apollo/Calypso Pale Ale
Kegged:#153 Old Helicon Barleywine 2013, #157 Irish Red, #158 Mosaic IPA, #159 Bravo/Delta ESB
Up Next:Brown Porter, American Stout, Imperial Stout
My Recipes
Tuba Sonata

Smith & Co. Custom Tap Handles

Old 01-10-2009, 06:05 AM   #1408
TimSTi
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Staten Island, NY
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

No beer over here. Had some friends over that never had absinthe so I made a few Hemingways. Champagne and Absinthe FTW!

Primary1:Empty
Primary2: Cream of 3 Crops 2/2
Secondary: Empty
Bottled: Red Ale 11/23 - Imperial Winter Ale 1/5 - Orange/Cascade PA 2/16
Next Up: American Bock - Apfelwein

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S. Thompson

Old 01-10-2009, 06:22 AM   #1409
gplutt
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Seattle
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I'm drinking my Dead Guy clone..Listening to Social D!

Barrelled: Oregon Group Brew Stout
Long term Secondary: Fool's Gold Barleywine
Next: Bohemian Pilsener

Old 01-10-2009, 10:38 PM   #1410

Morland Old Speckled Hen, then onto Fuller's London Pride.