What are you drinking now? - Page 139 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What are you drinking now?

Old 01-06-2009, 06:00 AM   #1381
Hagen

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Spotsylvania, VA
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm trying to kill this keg of wee heavy. Thank the Gods we're expecting an ice storm and I won't do a 75 mile commute in ice....

Old 01-06-2009, 06:21 AM   #1382
TwoHeadsBrewing

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Chico, CA
Liked 39 Times on 36 Posts

A pint of apfelbier...trying to calm down so I can get some sleep. Have a flight early in the AM, and have to get up at 4:00. But, I always get amped up before a work trip...even though I need to get some sleep. Anyways...!

Fermenting: ESB
Kegged: Extra IPA, Brown Ale, American Wheat, Blackheart Stout
Coming Up: Dunkleweizen, 3C Pale Ale

DIY Fermentation Chamber
More Brew Stuff

Old 01-07-2009, 12:08 AM   #1383

Hair of the Dog Fred, another fine SS beer.

Review and tasting notes here.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:13 AM   #1384
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Someplace, Nebraska
Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts

Victory Golden Monkey from my side-swap with Dataz722. It's quite nice! It's a bit yeasty - they got shook up a bit in the box, and are being quite slow to drop out. I think it's because they got shook up while at cold temperatures, so trying to cold crash them doesn't work like normal. I'm going to leave the rest of my Victory beers for another day or two to see if they clear up a bit further.

The Hop Wallop and the Hop Devil are both calling out my name. I can hear them, singing from inside the fridge, "Driiiiink meeeeee! I'm deliciooooous!!!!!"

Chriso || BJCP Certified || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Old 01-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #1385
Natron008
Recipes 

Nov 2008
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Troeg's Nugget Nectar - as fresh as you'll find! mmmmmmmmmm.... read it and weep hopheads, you'll have to wait until Feb.

Also drinking by own IPA which I must say is every bit as good, just not near as clear.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:50 PM   #1386
Natron008
Recipes 

Nov 2008
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriso View Post
Victory Golden Monkey from my side-swap with Dataz722. It's quite nice! It's a bit yeasty - they got shook up a bit in the box, and are being quite slow to drop out. I think it's because they got shook up while at cold temperatures, so trying to cold crash them doesn't work like normal. I'm going to leave the rest of my Victory beers for another day or two to see if they clear up a bit further.

The Hop Wallop and the Hop Devil are both calling out my name. I can hear them, singing from inside the fridge, "Driiiiink meeeeee! I'm deliciooooous!!!!!"
Never had the pleasure of the Wallop, but always wanted to try. I love their Devil, and the Pils and mighty fine too.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:27 AM   #1387
thataintchicken
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Sep 2008
Lewiston, ID
Liked 1369 Times on 1337 Posts

Bridgeport Ebenezer. :drool
The Whole Foods had holiday/winter ales at 50% off.
I bought a mixed case of Brrr, Ebenezer, Full Sail Wassail and SN Celebration.

I am beer'd till the porter is tapped from the keg in a couple of weeks.

Ginger, how long should I boil these crab legs for? I want them to fall off the bone just like Texas pork ribs. - Ace Club

Old 01-09-2009, 02:48 AM   #1388
thataintchicken
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Sep 2008
Lewiston, ID
Liked 1369 Times on 1337 Posts

2 words.

Hell Yes.
This Dopplebock rocks.
Pick up a bottle of this while you can. malty goodness will surround you and help you understand why the King of Beers probably lives in the NW and allows Magic Hat to exist because it amuses him.

Ginger, how long should I boil these crab legs for? I want them to fall off the bone just like Texas pork ribs. - Ace Club

Old 01-09-2009, 03:00 AM   #1389
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Someplace, Nebraska
Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts

Started w/ a Hop Devil, a very very nice American IPA. Tastes like it's got Chinook in it, if I'm not mistaken. Now, lots of High Life while I watch the fantastic Natl Championship game! Great 1st half! GO SOONERS! Yay Big 12!

Chriso || BJCP Certified || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Old 01-09-2009, 03:03 AM   #1390
TeufelBrew

Recipes 

Mar 2008
Denver, Colorado
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Dale's Wee Scottish named after me dearly departed da. Served from me kegerator made just in time to share HB with all the family for the holidays. Wondering how long until I blows a keg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinksWellWithOthers View Post
You're all wrong. Apfelwein is a time machine and mind eraser combined into one.