What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My lame ass works eleven hour days. Thankfully, when we are slow, I get a midweek day off every other week.

I know you're just screwing around, but somebody has to put the "functional" in "functioning alcoholic" even if I have to do it myself?

That didn't type out the way my brain intended.

Nice 10.87% and tart rock the fook on is the alcohol pretty hidden?
it is. I was pretty surprised.

It's such an awesome beer. Of Surly's year-round offerings, Coffee Bender is the one I would recommend everyone try. You must figure out a way to get some.

I can get it in Mankato (about an hour from us) and I'll be in The Cities this weekend. I plan on procuring a 4 pack.:rockin:

Sleepy Dog Brewery Monje Azul. Belgian Pale Ale brewed with agave nectar. Tasty

ForumRunner_20130827_185938.jpg

tyzippers said:
Yep. Definitely a homer here too. But I will say that Ayinger makes a case for the best dopplebock I've ever had.

Celebrator is definitely my favorite Dopplebock.

Blue moon. God, I hate being stuck in beer hell. On a good note though, I get to go home tomorrow, and have a few really good beers (as soon as I get the kids in bed, and make the wife happy)...

Edit: I may have to start going to Springfield, Mo for my job. At least they have decent beer close to the hotel we have to stay in...

Blue moon. God, I hate being stuck in beer hell. On a good note though, I get to go home tomorrow, and have a few really good beers (as soon as I get the kids in bed, and make the wife happy)...

Edit: I may have to start going to Springfield, Mo for my job. At least they have decent beer close to the hotel we have to stay in...

I don't know you, but I have respect for you. I don't say that often.:rockin:

the calamity of my WTF blended thing I kegged 2 days ago. not bad. not great though.

Billy-Klubb said:
I don't know you, but I have respect for you. I don't say that often.:rockin:

the calamity of my WTF blended thing I kegged 2 days ago. not bad. not great though.

Thanks (though if you ever saw what I look like, you'd probably mistake me for a Hells Angel). I'm probably the biggest teddy bear you'll ever meet though (unless someone messes with my family, then the devil himself had better run).
The WTF sounds interesting; what's in it?

Figured I'd better put up a pic. Damn, I'm ugly; maybe I can join the mullet squad. I have an old ford truck with a headache rack...

image-1810297754.jpg

tyzippers said:
Sounds like something A) I don't need to know about, or B) you need to share because your a beast. I'm hoping A).

It's gonna be A, unless you're into over weight bearded hillbilly guys, and red heads. I can't even imagine that one (queue the full body shiver)...

jerryteague said:
It's gonna be A, unless you're into over weight bearded hillbilly guys, and red heads. I can't even imagine that one (queue the full body shiver)...

Do what you need to my man! I don't need/want to know! Sounds like she's a special lady though!

jerryteague said:
Thanks (though if you ever saw what I look like, you'd probably mistake me for a Hells Angel). I'm probably the biggest teddy bear you'll ever meet though (unless someone messes with my family, then the devil himself had better run).
The WTF sounds interesting; what's in it?

Figured I'd better put up a pic. Damn, I'm ugly; maybe I can join the mullet squad. I have an old ford truck with a headache rack...

Yep. You remind me of a character from SOA. I love those guys!

mcbaumannerb said:
I had the barrel aged version of that (as part of the scratch series) last winter. Talk about awesome!

Show off. ;-) my parents just did a Tröegs tour a few weeks ago and tasted their latest scratch right out the fermenter! My dad was talking about it the whole night!

Well tonight since I'm still waiting for my first brew to carb, I'm having a local brew from my home town called Wild Horse by Great Basin Brewery here in Reno, NV. Cheers

Just got a shipment of jolly pumpkin as they don't sell it in my state and have never had it before. So after letting it settle down for a week (have to save the dregs) I'm enjoying my first JP, oro de calabaza. Pretty good, solid Brett character. However some buttey diacetyl on the back end. Something tells me some more age would do this brew well.

Finally chilled! Founders Inspired Artist BIPA And holy cow! No bs one of the best IPAs Ive ever had. The Midnight Wheat is enough for a nice malt backbone but the hops smell like a freakin tropical fruit salad, its nuts. Awesome beer, almost ashamed its a Michigan only release. Ty I hope Nizzle is throwin one in for you its delicious. (Bottled 10 days ago)

ForumRunner_20130828_014846.jpg

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Finally chilled! Founders Inspired Artist BIPA And holy cow! No bs one of the best IPAs Ive ever had. The Midnight Wheat is enough for a nice malt backbone but the hops smell like a freakin tropical fruit salad, its nuts. Awesome beer, almost ashamed its a Michigan only release. Ty I hope Nizzle is throwin one in for you its delicious

Me too. I suppose ill find out soon enough. Btw, me thinks the Heady fanboys are gonna be mad!!

Edit: I guess since you said "ONE of the best IPAs you've ever had" then you might be off the hook.

Me too. I suppose ill find out soon enough. Btw, me thinks the Heady fanboys are gonna be mad!!

Edit: I guess since you said "ONE of the best IPAs you've ever had" then you might be off the hook.

Ive got 5 more to decide! :mug: Its close. It really is that damn good

Back