I got a bunch of beer making stuff for Christmas and I stepped up to doing full extract boils. My first beer was a 60min clone from the book Extreme Brewing.
6 gallon boil
6oz British Amber (Steep at 150 for 15min)
7 pounds light dry extract
1/2 oz Warrior (Add over 60 mins)
1/2 oz Simcoe (Add over 60 mins)
1/2 oz Amarillo (Add over 60 mins)
1/2 oz Amarillo (End of Boil)
Wyeast 1187 (I used WLP005)
1 oz Amarillo (Dry Hop)
1/2 oz Simcoe (Dry Hop)
OG: 1.064 (Mine was 1.062)
FG: 1.017 (Mine was 1.014)
This was also my first beer I was going to keg. I force carbed it by shaking at 30psi, turning down to serving pressure, then shook at 30psi again a few hours later. I did this in the morning and was drinking it later that night (Impatient
). The first taste was great!!! I couldn't believe how close this is to the real thing. I'm extremely happy with this one. Very hoppy aroma, pleasant citrus flavors, everything a guy could want. It was a bit hazy the first day, but it's really starting to clear well. I'm also playing around with the carb level because my regulator isn't worth a crap in the fridge. The gauge is way off. The only thing that I might change is going to extra light extract if I was worried about making it exactly like 60min. It's just a touch to dark, almost like 90min. Here's a pic:
I was just really excited about this one and wanted to share. I figured you guys would listen.