Direct Fired Rims Parts list
So I have finally saved up about $500.00. I currently have a Blicnman 10Gal and their corresponding burner.
I would really like to set up a easy direct fired RIMS. Such a thing? Ha!
1. I envision connecting a tube or fitting to the out spigot on the blichman.
2. There I would have some means of measuring temperature coming out and have it attached to a digital temp controller which is wired to a solenoid valve on my propane tank
3. The hose would then connect to a pump
4. Another hose would connect to the other end of the pump
5. I would drill a hole in my Blichman attach some sort of spigot and have a floaring tube that goes in the kettle to put the warmed up work back in.
So in theory I can visualize how this would work but I am not a plumber or gas expert so I'm sort of clueless on which parts to buy to put this all together.
I found a pilot light fitting cheap so I already have that but I dont really know how to safely retrofit my propane tank to Y off and support the pilot light and the solenoid/burner feed at the same time.
I am also a bit confused about how to get a temperature gague inside the tube/fitting on the out spigot so that the digital temp reader gets an accurate reading so it know when to close the solenoid when the wort gets hot enough?
What size tubing is recommended? 1/2"?
Anyone set up something similar? I looked at an electric RIMS like the RIMs for dummies thread but 120v and liquid make me more uneasy then propane and regulators for some reason :-)
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!