reusing coors light home draft system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
IT WORKS!!! Just pulled the first glass of home brew from it. Finding the CO2 was not as easy as I was led to believe but I found a bike shop close that has em. PLUS the owner does paintball stuff and wants to see the keg to see if he can hook a small tank to it cheaper.

IT WORKS!!! Just pulled the first glass of home brew from it. Finding the CO2 was not as easy as I was led to believe but I found a bike shop close that has em. PLUS the owner does paintball stuff and wants to see the keg to see if he can hook a small tank to it cheaper.

Great job! Did you alter anything or just replace the CO2? I have not seen the Coors light dispenser so I am not sure how it is set up. How much does it hold?

Thanks

That's awesome! The only problem is that you have to drink a minikeg of Coor's before you can do this....

A buddy of mine just decided to give it a try and found too that it worked really nice. He has been commissioning everyone he knows for the coors light ones or worse yet.....miller lite

What's the how to on this? I have seen these show up in my grocery store and was wondering how it would fly.

... Would it be a sin to dump the coors light? ... Hate that sh*t....

Quick google search reveals that it's 1.5 gallons. So you'd need 3 1/3.

Also costs about $20. And lasts 30 days. Serve it to undiscerning friends.

Just my 2 cents worth, I have bought a homedraft and thought it was so great but... After I filled the bottle just twice it was so wrinkled that I dare not use it again in fear of the bottle bursting.

Just my 2 cents worth, I have bought a homedraft and thought it was so great but... After I filled the bottle just twice it was so wrinkled that I dare not use it again in fear of the bottle bursting.

Not sure but I believe I read that the cap size is the same as 3 liter soda bottles. Might be able to use the tap on them if you keep them away from sunlight or paint them a dark color.

I have some of my IPA carbing / conditioning in one now. It has definitely swelled up quite a bit. It has been 3 weeks today so I am going to throw it in the fridge soon and try it in a couple days. Hope it works!

I started using these a few months back to put my Hard Cider in. They work great. The local brew shop carries the 16gram co2 cartridges.

The wife bought me a TAD system for my birthday. That works good too, but I like the tap on these better.

I have zero proof other than there is no off taste at all. I would wager the CO2 cartridges are the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not true. Many people (including myself) use the threaded ones because they have a wider neck and fit better.

What about the extra length of the cartridge? It didn't even look like it would fit in the plastic " holder"

The biggest mistake I made when I salvaged the Coors Lite Home Brew was to removed the Coors label from the bottle. Most of my friends and family would never touch anything with a Coors label on it.

Back