Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > EAC strikes on Ebay

Old 02-12-2007, 02:34 PM   #1
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1235 Times on 814 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Default EAC strikes on Ebay

Man, you always feel great when you score some brewaphernalia on the cheap. I picked up a 20lb CO tank for $52 shipped. BUT, the loser keeps giving me one excuse after another why he hasn't shipped more than two weeks after payment was made. Then he acts like he's doing me a favor and tells me he'll return whatever feedback I leave. I paid via Visa and don't mind disputing the charges but I've given him today, last chance to send and give me a tracking number for the simple reason that you can't get a 20lb for under $80 anywhere.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
abracadabra
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

There's a bunch of jerks on Ebay that use retailitory negative feedback or the threat of it to keep from getting the feedback they deserve. I say post the truth to help others let people know he uses retalitory feedback and live with the results. You can always respond to his negative feedback with a response. Nobody is going to hold a negative feedback like that against you IMHO.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:04 PM   #3
Torchiest

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Yeah, I've seen that before. Pretty damn obnoxious, but I can understand your wanting to put up with it for such a deal. Good luck, whatever happens.
#48 Black Helicopter Porter #49 Pikemen Porter
Up Next:
#50 Imperious IPA
#51 Razz Buried

Old 02-12-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
todd_k

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Let us know how it works out and post his Ebay user name so others can avoid that seller's auctions.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
neckbone
Recipes 

I agree. The seller needs to leave feedback as soon as money is received, and the buyer should leave feedback as soon as item is received or there should be a time limit on a buyer having to wait to receive an item, like 2-3 weeks or something.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 25 Posts

Apply for a refund from PayPal. That'll put a candle under his bum.

EDIT: You didn't use PayPal. Just saw that. Bad idea. Now it'll take at least 90 days to get your refund.
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:05 PM   #7
Ó Flannagáin
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 11 Posts

I hate ebay, I'll never use it for selling again. I've had 4 auctions ended early because some guy in Nigeria thought he could scam me out of 2 laptops. Sick of it, what a PITA to get all the listing money back and report scammers, deal with paypal because you got paid with stolen money, blah blah... screw ebay.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:16 PM   #8
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 25 Posts

Nigerian ISPs should be banned.

They've proven unable to contain the crime. It's a total joke to them and they don't seem to care. Since they can't play nice with the internet, take it away from all of them.
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #9
Fish
Recipes 

Yeah you know with all of the spam filters on my e-mail accounts why do I still get mail from Nigeria? I mean a guy can only have so many distant relatives with 50 million who died working the diamond mines or whatever.
Primary : Fruit Cider
Secondary :empty

Bottled: Wheat
On Deck: Mead

Old 02-15-2007, 05:30 PM   #10
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1235 Times on 814 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Actually regarding refunds. I paid directly with my Visa card and my bank will refund a bad transaction within two days of filing a report. I didn't have to do it since a threat to do so got the tank shipped with a tracking number. I just told the guy that if I don't see a departure scan on a tracking number destined for my town by tonight, the Visa paperwork was going to be filed the next day. I received the tank.

He was still careful to say he would return whatever feedback I left. Hmmm, let's see. I paid within a day of auction close and he shipped 16 days after that. Real equal. Of course, most people don't read the details of feedback, they judge by positive percentage. I don't know if I'm willing to scar my 100%. Thoughts?

The ID in question is quickecash1 (suits him as quickship would be false)