VA group bulk grain buy #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,
What are you storing your grains in? I've seen threads on trash cans and and Home Depot pails with lids.
What do you use? Any recommendations from personal experience?

Hey guys,
What are you storing your grains in? I've seen threads on trash cans and and Home Depot pails with lids.
What do you use? Any recommendations from personal experience?

I use the larger zip lock bags from lowes, one of the smaller ones holds 50lbs no problem and the bigger one just gives you some head space. I use the plastic bins from target with snap lock lids. They are sturdy and stack. At the cost of around 12 dollars.

I looked into airtight plastic barrels but the cost difference was considerable so i went this way. The ziplock bags are fairly air tight and the locking lids do pretty well. I have never had an issue.

Hey all you Richmond guys/girls out there... according to Matt the grain should get here today. I will be heading up on Wednesday to pick up my grain and whoever from around RVA wants me to pick up for them. We can then work out arrangements when I get back with the grain. Just remind/respond to on here and I'll grab it on wednesday.

Cheers

I picked mine up today prodigal, so I'm good, but thanks again for offering. And thanks to matt for organizing this. That was a nice stack of grain in your living room. The thought occurred to me to knock out your roommates and make off with the whole lot ;-o

Aaaaaaagh! I can't believe I missed this one! I'm just now finishing up the stuff I bought last year. Oh, well.

BTW, for storage I use Rubbermaid Roughneck 14-gallon totes. I buy them at WalMart. 55 pounds of grain fits perfectly.

All picked up! Thanks everyone for a smooth group buy.

For those interested in the next group buy, I will bump this thread when I start another one. It will probably be at least six months before then though.

Back