Noble Pils is here! - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Noble Pils is here!

Old 01-26-2011, 02:01 AM   #11
shelly_belly
Machine Gun
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2009
Rabbittown, Go Cocks!
Liked 184 Times on 147 Posts

Went to the GrubMart to get some Noble Pils - $8.99. Sierra Nevada 2010 Celebration Ale - $8.49. Noble Pils will have to wait until the Celebration Ale sells out.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:02 AM   #12
storunner13
Recipes 

Jan 2010
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMiner View Post
I agree there does seem to be a difference from last year.

I'll give it a couple more 6 packs to be sure though.
Damn it. I loved Noble Pils last year. Haven't bought some this year though. I'll have to wait a little bit to rationalize more beer. I recently went a little overboard with the beer spending when I went to a new liquor store and bought Bell's Hopslam, Surly Abrasive, Dupont Saison, and Lagunita's Li'l Sumpin' Sumpin'. A tasty, but expensive puchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpr121 View Post
Torpedo all day! I wasnt a big fan of Noble Pils in bottles. To me there is a noticable difference between a lot of tap and bottled SA.
Sam Adams Lager in bottles = not good. Sam Adams Lager on tap = much better.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:04 AM   #13
nikkormat
Recipes 

Oct 2010
San Francisco

im with shelly, who would buy torpedo if celebrations still on the shelves

Old 01-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #14
SwampassJ

Recipes 

Mar 2010
Coral Springs, FL
Liked 37 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkormat View Post
im with shelly, who would buy torpedo if celebrations still on the shelves
Some of us like the Torpedo flavor and body more. Most Chinook bittered beers (Celebration one of them) doesn't jive with my tongue.

I like the Nobile Pils but I wish it was just a little less sweet on the finish.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:55 PM   #15
Misplaced_Canuck
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2011
NE Columbia SC - Formerly, Montreal Canada
Liked 166 Times on 134 Posts

My local Wal-mart's in SC have it by the pallet (ok not quite but there's plenty of it). $14.97/12.

M_C

Old 02-01-2011, 04:17 AM   #16
dcott

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Fairfield, VA
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpr121 View Post
Torpedo all day! I wasnt a big fan of Noble Pils in bottles. To me there is a noticable difference between a lot of tap and bottled SA.
I COMPLETELY agree. I lived in Boston for five years, so I definitely drank my fair share of SA, but the difference between tap and bottle is greater than any other brew IMHO.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

~Jack Handey

Old 02-12-2011, 01:48 AM   #17
Ralelen
Recipes 

Jan 2011
West Hartford, CT
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcott View Post
I COMPLETELY agree. I lived in Boston for five years, so I definitely drank my fair share of SA, but the difference between tap and bottle is greater than any other brew IMHO.
Totally agree. Drinking a Nobile Pils now from the bottle. tastes a bit worty.