Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Arena Football League
Old 02-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 29 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default Arena Football League

Anyone going to watch the AFL this year? I think I'm going to try. I've only watched a few games here and there but I have this empty feeling now that the NFL is done. Plus, there's a Chicago team that can actually win a championship! I looked for a fantasy league website but I haven't found much yet. I would think ESPN would do something since they just signed a 5 year deal with the AFL.

Kegged: Smokier Smoked Porter
Old 02-12-2007, 12:08 AM   #2
Liked 137 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 106

I've taken my boys to a couple Crush games and we had a blast. I think we will go to a couple this year as well. Cheap entertainment.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:58 AM   #3
10th-Level Beer Nerd
Liked 503 Times on 404 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Arena football has always struck me as something that would be a blast in person, but that sucks on TV. The local Fox affiliate used to broadcast Albany Firebirds games, and they were just rid-ic-ulous. In person, being that close to the action, would be cool; on TV, all I could think of is "Can NO ONE play D?"
Come join Yankee Ingenuity!

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana
Old 02-12-2007, 03:16 AM   #4
Steel Comma Ale & Lagery
Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

It is fun in person. I went to games when Milwaukee had a team. It's not that no one can play D its that the rules are skewed fully towards the offense. One guy can run towards the line when the ball is snaped, BS.
Originally Posted by Strange Brewer
Had some Bud Light analyzed once. They told me my dog had diabetes... And was pregnant