- wheat malt 4.0EBC, 4.63lb 51.2%
- 2-row spring pilsner malt 3.5EBC, 4.41lb, 48.8%
- Hallertauer 5.2% a-a, 0.5oz
- wheat malt dough in @112F
- 50' @105F
- heat to 150F and add barley malt
- 20' @144F
- 40' @162F
- 10' mash out @170F
Boil for 70 minutes. All hops for 60 minutes. Cool to 68F, lightly aerate and pitch yeast.
Simplest possible hefe weissbier hell, quick beer ideal for summertime. Very lightly hopped, no bitterness and no hops flavor nor aroma present. Hops may be any of noble variety used in Germany: Hallertauer (Mittelfruh, Hersbrucker, Tradition), Tettnanger or Saaz.
I like it young, usually i get ~40 bottles of beer, this amount lasts for no longer than 7-8 weeks.