Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > thumbs up to austin homewbrew supply

Old 01-13-2011, 01:21 AM   #21
Hannable1975
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I love AHS.

Flat shipping , until you order $100 and then FREE - I treat them as my LHBS - and I'm halfway across the country!

( Seriously though - in my experiences they have always been A+ )

Old 01-13-2011, 02:10 AM   #22
Fish4666
Recipes 

I had a received a broken hygrometer from them.... I sent them an email and they shipped a new one the same day. Customer service is almost dead in this country glad to see a company who still cares about their customers

Bottled 1: <empty>
Bottled 2: <empty>

Old 01-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #23
BaldManBrew
Recipes 

9 days shipping for me, but when received package, everything looks nicely packaged, and in really good shape. Going to brew theirs on Friday, rather than a another one I bought at my LHBS. . First time using AHB.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:36 AM   #24
bovineblitz
Recipes 

Liked 125 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Only great experiences with AHS

Old 01-13-2011, 07:54 AM   #25
Turk10mm
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I too am a first time AHS buyer when I popped my cherry a month ago. My 3rd kit is arriving tomorrow. Being in Houston, I get my stuff the day after they ship, so 2-3 days turnaround is really nice. My only gripe is I have to pay sales tax and you out of staters don't. BAH.. When I bought my entire setup (essentially everything I needed including extra carboy and all the doodads I could think of) I almost went to another vendor because after tax the price was a little lower (read:a few bucks and I spared no expense) for shipping and no tax from the other site. I went with my gut to support a Texas company and now I'm glad I didn't screw up and order from someone else.

The packing job is stellar and shows superior attention to detail.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #26
PirateBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thinking about getting their Ginger Hibiscus Saison kit and a few others from AHS so I'm glad to hear all the positive comments about them!

Old 01-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #27
godofcheese
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateBrewer View Post
Thinking about getting their Ginger Hibiscus Saison kit and a few others from AHS so I'm glad to hear all the positive comments about them!
That is a very interesting beer. I made it with the french saison yeast and it turns out great.

Nothing but good things about AHS. They are good people and take care of their customers.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:57 PM   #28
AggieChemDoc
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I realize the peanuts are biodegradable, etc, but that doesn't stop them from getting all over everything every time I open the box. Now I have to scramble to keep them away from the 13 month old.

AHS, if you offered the more popular hops varietals by the pound (Say about $16-20/lb) I would buy a bunch.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #29
Countrysquire
Recipes 

My complaint about AHS? Too damn many recipe kits to choose from!

Seriously, their customer service is absolutely first rate. I had a problem with one order and they went well above what was expected to make me happy. I just finished 5 gallons of their 1554 clone which was excellent. Have their English Bitter fermenting right now and will probably try the pecan porter next. In fact, I believe that I'll order that right now!

Old 01-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #30
Ernst-Haeckel
Recipes 

I was pretty happy to find Horizon Hops at AHS a few weeks ago; that can be a tough one to find! I only needed an ounce, but ordered 5 since they had it!