Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Beer Machine! CHEAP!

Old 01-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
FFBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Beer Machine! CHEAP!

So I know that it is kind of cheating, but I just picked up one of these..........

Now normally I wouldn't have bothered since I have a nice Brewers Best brewing setup at home, but the price is what made me do it! I picked up the brewer for $45 dollars, and 7 bags of mix for only $4 a piece!!!!! So this will be my "in between batches" beer!

If you have a Von Maur near you, swing by and grab one! They were in the clearance section. Cant beat the price!

Old 01-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
IffyG
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Beer mix, eh? Sounds... interesting.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
FFBrewer
Recipes 

Yea, there have been some mixed reviews, but for the amount I paid I figured it was worth the attempt! I'll update when i finish the first batch in 2 weeks

Old 01-10-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2874 Times on 1699 Posts
Likes Given: 3511

And then when you're done use it a great small batch fermenter for experimental batches. If you haven't started brewing all grain, you can do stovetop 2.5 gallon AG and use that to ferment in.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 01-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #5
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 6017 Times on 4288 Posts
Likes Given: 1548

That's exactly what I started brewing with- The Beer Machine 2000. I used it twice, and still have it in the basement along with some mixes. I keep thinking I'm going to use it as a small fermenter, but it's a PITA to put together with the gasket in the middle, so I just use a three gallon bucket or carboy for smaller batches.

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans