Bench style counter pressure bottle filler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew-medic

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have designed a counter pressure bottle filler. For less than a hundred dollars or so. I was interested if there is any interest in selling them. I know there is one that chafes $250 but is complicated and leaks and poorly designed. I know I have one pm me Right now I am not selling them, just drawing up interest if I was to manufacture them.

It has 2 valves liquid and co2 valves a pressure release valve and a psi gauge mounted so that it sits and a leaver holds the bottle in place.

Very interesting. Pictures would be great but if you want to gauge real interest post us a youtube video of it in work!

Ok, so it took me 3 trys but here it is. Similar to the traditional CP bottle filler, but its got a leaver you pull up to hold the device over top of the bottle. then open the CO (Left) when pressure is equalized open the liquid valve on right. To start the fill open the needle valve slightly and depending on your likings within 15 seconds or so, you have your carb'ed bevy.

The picture below is the prototype, used it for a case of beer, no leaks, as everything has been taped and died so I didnt just drill a whole and glued it in place.

Opinions are welcome, as well as suggestions. And if anyone is interested to get one, I can price what it cost out.

2vv2iw7.jpg

It's actually funny, I was just recently looking for something like this but previously only found the one you mentioned for $250. Any chance you can get some videos of it in action? it sounds fairly simple but I'm just curious, as I'm definitely interested in purchasing one. I recently got into kegging and realized that my holiday ale is something I always bottle and give out as gifts, so this would certainly save time and hassle compared to a typical CPF or BMBF.

Please Excuse the quality of the video as I proved, someone with one hand can operate it (other hand holding I phone)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty sweet! Looks easy to operate and your proof of using it with one hand definitely makes it seem all the more convenient! I don't know about anyone else, but I'm certainly interested in this.

If anyone is serious about one, PM me, Ill get a price together. If this is against the rules on the forum, I appoligize, I couldnt find it anywhere.

Havent forgot about this, I am attempting to remove any type of steel sliding against steel as sugar loves to stick.

Ill keep updated, if you want to get updates, or put in some input, PM me

are you still making this item? i have been looking for an option that is better then the $60 option. I am going to start bottling around 500 beers a week.

are you still making this item? i have been looking for an option that is better then the $60 option. I am going to start bottling around 500 beers a week.

Holy cow, 500 a week?! Are you a pro-brewer? I'd love to see the kind of setup you must have for that! :D

I have a Sabco system, i love it, but yes it was not cheap. I an a really small nano style brewery and have a hard time deciding and finding equipment because i am only one step up from home brewing and two steps below most brewery's. Has any one used the "Wensel's Counter Pressure Filler"?

Nice, that's along the same lines I'm looking to go. Honestly, the issues of bottling easily have been a major reason I've considered just making a nano that only kegs, but that dramatically reduces how far you can spread your product, so its a bit of a double-edged sword.

I have a even bigger problem, and that is that i am in Mexico and it's hard to sell kegs because of the contracts with the big companies that many bars have. Even if they can sell my beer many bars do not have draft systems and want bottles. I just talked with a few distributors and now have a large demand for bottles but do not have the money for a pro bottling line. Because i am in Mexico i have to make shore what i buy i going to work, because getting parts or returning items is hard. Any one that wants to share notes can email me at "camjamy at yahoo.com" or PM me. Is there a Nano-brewery blog or website?

THE WENSEL PRESSURE FILLER SUCKS DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

My filler is $150 and can fill a bottle in 10-15 seconds and is completely steralizable.

I bottle about 75 gal a week with no problem.

This sounds like what i need can you email me Camjamy @ yahoo.com. Tell me how long it take you to make one. Is there a extra parts kit or extra options. How can i pay you? and a few more pictures.

I'm interested depending on cost and what other equipment I'd need to get with it.

In the video you mention a tree, or splitter, for the gas from the tank, not a problem, I have one already. I also have plenty of hose. What else would I need that wouldn't come with the bench-top filler?

Latest posts

Back